Thread: carpet?

Default carpet?

So here I go with more questions, the advice here is work'in out! In my efforts to find marine carpet in Toronto, it seems like Bass Pro may have a good selection. I'm wondering if there are certain things to look for, uv rating, etc. and as well who likes which kind of adhesive.
    I figure that this carpet will come out when I decide to look at the stringer's, but that's not this year! So I thought I'd go with a water based adhesive, and try and find carpet that would be "diposable" in a year or two...
    This new dad wants to restore from the ground up , but also wants to spend time on the water, hereso ipto facto the restoration waits!
    Thanks!

Lowes has a ribbed outdoor carpet that I have used for years in "The Other Boat"
    Lasts for a few years and is CHEAP. Dries fast and is moderately easy to clean BUT degrades in a few years in our southern sun.

The ribbed carpet surface sticks like the loop side of velcro. I cut the top off those black plastic marine cupholders and attach some selfadhesive hook Velcro to the lip. Makes for a great "adult beverage" holder
    Lowes' "Henry 663" carpet glue is waterbased and sticks like epoxy.

thanks rickr, Lowes is up here now, I'll have a look. Don't know if us canucks get the same sun as you guys in the south! However we do find "beverage" holder's handy.....
    Headed to the farm tomorrow and will be stripping the interior and surveying the floor, will post some pic's sun. or mon. keeping my finger's crossed...

Good Luck!
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

I have found the 3M spray adhesive to be a very good contender in securing marine carpet. It is about $8/can, but worth it, and can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowes. Brian Raymond