Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by phenom_1819 View Post
    Anthony,

I wouldn't worry about a brake upgrade, you'll be fine. If the trailer tongue is putting too much load on your 4runner and making the rear end sag, you might consider adding airbags to the rear springs and a cheap onboard compressor. I had that added to my 4runner for $500 or so total (cheap kit from AirLift).

All wakeboard boats should have brakes on at least one axle... however, Washington state requires boats have brakes on BOTH axles. Oregon does not, I don't believe Idaho requires it either... so if the boat was originally sold out of state, it's something to look in to. Adding brakes to the second axle can be done for about $600 or so.

Cal
    Outstanding. I know the boat is from CA so I will look into what kind of brakes it has. I appreciate all of the information.

Quote Originally Posted by TayTay View Post
    I am going to be towing a '05 22 SSV with an '05 4.7L 4Runner. Do you think it would be a good idea to look into a brake upgrade. The V8's are rated to tow 7300 lbs I think so I think I will be ok on power, just the shorter wheel base compared to a pickup and possibly braking. Do all trailers come with brakes? I have seen some that do but I am not sure about the boat I am buying.

-Anthony
    A customer of mine brought his 04 X-star to my shop yesterday with an 05'ish 4-Runner. The rear tires were about to touch the fenders. If you keep that truck, you'll need helper bags in the rear.

http://www.fsip.com/pdfs/RR/installation/4135.pdf
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery