Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Weighted down for surfing up at the lake cabin. Now we weight it more than in this pic.

This pic shows the size of the wake and how far back you can go. I am about 20' back on a shortboard no problem. Most DD waves are pretty short or so i hear.

Hyp Landlock big guy

WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE HAHAH!!

Surf Beast

OK done power posting for a while!

nice ride. sunsports are great at pretty much everything.

i've never seen a hydraulic plate on any of these either. i want one!
    Last edited by Salty87; 03-05-2009 at 10:41 AM.

Mikey
    That wake plate is definitely an add on you still have the chrome bracket on the transom from the original turn buckle .
    It looks similar to the new Supras. I always wondered what a movable plate would do.
    You have made some tremendous changes to your boat looks like a wake machine.
    There is a Supra, moomba reunion on the IL, WI border in the summer you could maybe
    do a road trip.

Last edited by michael hunter; 03-05-2009 at 11:12 AM.

Hey Salty thanks for dropping by my thread. I am so super happy with the surf wake, but I have yet to really get the wakeboard wake I drool for. Hopefully the new prop should help.

Michael hunter you are so right about the wake plate I can't believe I didn't put two and two together before! It's pretty neat to play with but as far as real functionality it isn't really that useful. I just set it like 1/2" from all-the-way-up, and its good.

Did yours come with flappers or did you change those over from supratraps? Can't wait to put my FAE on it'll look so KEWL on this old boat. I think he said I was the first old Supra to get FAE! Also really wish I had the fiberglass platform.

Also mine doesn't have the tow-eyes on the back transom like yours! I don't really need them, but I was thinking about a transom pad. Someone kicked a surfboard into the transom and it exploded! It would cover up those nice letters, but I don't have those yet either.
    http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=775

Thanks for the nice compliments. She'll only get better this year! Supra reunion sounds great but that's a pretty long haul.
    Last edited by 87SunSportMikeyD; 03-06-2009 at 04:55 PM.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Mikey
    The flappers are stock in 89. The SUPRA lettering I added 2 years ago after seeing them
    at the Supra reunion 2007. You are right on the transom saver I bought one from the
    Malibu Crew forum straps on the D rings I only put it on when in the water. That's the only time I use the D rings since they are above the swim platform I cant use them to tie the boat down to the trailer.

those pics are great, Don't think I'm gonna get a wake like that outta my Conbrio, but trying can't hurt. Maybe you could point me in the direction of some affordable bags, I don't think I'd need more than two to start, my boat won't do what yours will anyway.
    I think it was your and Ed's pic's on wakeworld that made me realize how great that wakesurfing is. I've been to Costa Rica for the real thing, but with a boat I think I can do it when I want. looks like a lotta fun

Michael - Yeah I'm kinda jealous of the 89+'s. Tell me more about your model! Is it the first year of no wood in floors or stringers? And first year of official Launch hull?? So awesome. I've been wondering how your hull shape differs from mine. Maybe flatter bottomed towards the stern of boat?

I'm not that worried about wood floors, as long as you take care of the boat you're fine. My old I/O was a 1976 and it was rock solid. My current 87 has always been well cared for with only 500 hours (now 600). The former owners used it as a barefoot boat - I really wouldn't think it would be a very good one!

Mapleleaf - Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the SS considering I'll probably never get an expensive one!! If I could see a profile or side pic of your boat either in water or on trailer I could get a better idea for how much you can weight it. If it has the higher freeboard it'll be good. If it's lower like the Mariah it's little tougher to drive loaded but I think people load them down almost as much as I do.

What I would probably do for starters is buy two smaller side sacs for starters. Maybe you need to put them alongside the engine on the floor. Or maybe you can find something the right size to fit under your rear seats. That's what I did.

Then if you decide to get more weight, you could move those smaller sacs (say like 275lbs/ea x2sacs) to the front and then get something just a lil bigger for the back (say like 400lbs/ea x2sacs). Then you could have a lil over 1000lbs, with most of it in the rear of boat. You would be safer from swamping over the bow then.

As far as sacs go, once you get more than one it's really nice to have good stuff that isn't crappy. Like cheap plastic threads, bad connections, thin bags with a 2nd protective layer, bags with internal dividers are hard to drain, etc. FlyHigh ProX is really the best and is the only one I would recommend.

With that said, http://www.masterlineusa.com/ have good deals for 2 side sacs for like $50. There are ALWAYS good deals on sacs on wakeworld classifieds. Like right now two FlyHigh side sacs for $120, they are normally like $190.

Don't get a fat sac pump, they are really crappy. Get a Simer pump Reversable, easy to put somewhere in a storage compartment and run tubing through the gunnels back to the sacs, then run through the bilge and connect to raw water intake. Super simple, no holes through boat. DONE!

Remind me, who is Ed on WW? I'd like to see the thread! I've never been ocean surfing. Wakesurfing is totally fun and I surfed more than I wakeboarded last year. Rode away from 360s at least five or six times last fall. Anxious to get back on it!

Your Conbrio may not be able to take a ton of weight, but for wakesurfing all you need is about 700lbs in stern on the port side, plus about two people to sit in that corner or lean off the gunwhale (sometimes not legal). This should make a wave between knee and thigh high. Knee high is about the minimum for surfing. You don't need a big board unless rider is over 200lbs.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey