Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My 86 Sunsport Skier

A blast from the past, and whole lot of fun . . . . . . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

all hitched up and ready to go too

you ever think about taking the stripes off? you'll literally have a clean canvas. i don't think i've ever seen one almost entirely white. looks great.

The stripes on the water line will probably come off this year, but I haven't decided for sure what I'm going to do with it. My friend has an 87 comp with the exact striping.

Wink

Congrats on the new boat post some more pics with interior shots.
    I have owned my 89 since new they are great boats have fun this summer.
    Last edited by michael hunter; 03-13-2009 at 07:54 PM.

man that things clean! I get some serious envy look'in at those tall freeboard's
    She looks a little clean and dry!!!!

Here are a few more pics . . . . .

And here's what a Supra looks like when being towed on the back of a rollback. Before I picked up the boat in Michigan last year I asked the guy I bought it from to grease the wheel bearings so that I wouldn't have any problems on the way home. Guess he didn't do such a good job . . . .

It cost me an extra $400 to get the boat home!

OMG! That sucks It does have bearing buddies, he just didn't grease them? Doh! That could've happened to me too! Good luck with the boat she is a great one. Let me know if ya wanna talk!
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Somehow I miss posts in threads every once in a while...Those pic's on the flatbed are wild. I've been in that situation, only i had loose lug nuts, sheered off the lug bolts and ground through the u bolts holding the axle on when the wheel came off!!
    My axle ended up almost sideways to the trailer by the time I stopped, it was a midnight trailer rebuild for me, not that much fun!! Trying to drift in new lug bolts on the highway sucked!
    After looking at your trailer set up some more, I think it would be possible to lower your boat on it, but I wonder if the effort is worth it. I think there's lot's involved with resizing and moving stuff, winch location, bunk's, fender cutouts, etc.. And by the looks of it you've got great ground clearance to the rudder and prop right now, which is always a good thing.
    From an esthetic staand point it definitely look better lower I just wonder if the pro's out way the con's????

Mapleleaf, I have noticed that some of the boats on here do seem to sit much higher than mine on the trailer. On my trailer the fenders make it very hard to wipe down the entire boat- but I think it helps with handling and launching- as well as getting coolers and stuff in and out of the boat!