Thread: 87 Sunsport

Threaded View

Default 87 Sunsport

So, this is the start of what will likely be a lot of babble throughout the summer. Long story short, my older brother and I were looking for an old sunsport for a wakeboard boat for our kids. He and I are pretty serious skiers and have always resisted getting a big boat, didn't want to invest huge bucks on a new boat and didn't want to give up our nice little wakes! Our little brother in MN has a sunsport and the wake when loaded is awesome. So I have been watching ads and looking at a lot of thrashed boats over the past year or so. This winter I found what appeared to be a good deal, only problem it is the dead of winter and the boat is in Montana. One classic road trip story later we drive from CO to MT on new years eve, pick up a boat and come back. All in the same day. Well this weekend we finally put it in the water, have to say we are psyched with the maiden voyage! Ran beautiful, steering is spot on, easily made the turn on the ends of our lake. Yes the boat has a couple of quirky things but with a bit of TLC this summer we should be in sweet shape. Here is a quick picture of what we have, will keep up some postings as we get the thing propped, add a perfect pass etc. I think we have a good one to build on!
    Attached Images Attached Images