Thread: '05 22 Ssv

Default '05 22 Ssv

This is our new toy...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

TayTay
    Thats a sweet looking rig I love the colors. Enjoy your summer.

Good looking boat. SHe have a name.

Her name is Gonzo. I know its a boy name, but one of my really good friends told me a few years back when we were in the Marines that if I ever bought a boat, I should name it after him. Well I agreed and what do you know, 6 months after I got out I bought a boat. So that is where "Gonzo" came from. I have been debating calling it "The Gonzo" or "Da Gonzo" (he's from chicago so it would match da bears) I dont know yet. I also want to put the name on but I dont know where. I am not going to take the "SUPRA" off the back. I may just end up putting it small somewhere to tickle his fancy. We will see. So thats the story of her name, lol.
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Default Name

Thats the way to name a boat. Name doesnt matter as much as having a meaning. I prefer Da Gonzo. I like the way it sounds. Thats a good story.

Funny you should say this. My first boat, 10 years ago, was SUPPOSED to be named
    "the other woman" - my wife, THE BOSS, insisted it be name "the other man" - so it went without a name for 9+ years. (no way was I going to drive a boat with THAT name).

About a year and a half ago, my oldest daughter - now with 2 kids of her own, said,
    "you should name the boat, "MY FAVORITE CHILD"" - which the old boat was, and now
    the Supra is as well.

I love it - the other 4 kids jaw drop was a HOOT.

We both are proud to drive it now ...

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Default Funny

That is a great story also. Do you mind, I may still that name (my favorite child) for my boat. Funny stuff, I think a book about boat names and the stories behind them should be made.