Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noob

Default Noob

What's going on everyone? I recently got a 1987 Comp TS6M from my boss for $1.....yes $1......everything is clean and I'm about to get the motor checked out. It was replaced a few years ago and hasn't been used too much. Anyways, I'm wanting to try wakeboarding and wanted to get some suggestions or ideas on what type of board to get, etc. Also, any pointers for a beginning wake boarder would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome --- wow, a whole $???? geeze
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Welcome Noob
    How about posting some pics of your new expensive toy.

awesome...watch out though, there's no such thing as a free boat. haha

try to find a local shop that will rent boards. most of them allow you to use that money towards a purchase. or, if you've ridden a board you want, you can get it cheaper online. a local board shop is a nice thing to have.

Hey Welcome....
    Wow, a boat for a buck! It'd be nice if everything else for the boat was a buck!!!!! You're gonna love it, these Supra's are amazing and I haven't fixed mine up yet!!!
    It's that acronym for b.o.a.t. you have to watch out for... I just learned what it stands for myself.....

I got into boating because it is cheaper than golf. Am I wrong about that? I recommend trip series board from Hyperlite. They are easy to ride, forgiving and used ones should be plentifull. They will also let you do any tricks on them you want, I learned a backroll on one.

Sounds like you should have some extra money to spend on a board, since you only had to spend a dollar on the boat.

For my money you can't beat CWB boards and bindings. I ride the Transcend and love it. With the variable fin length you can change it depending on how you feel like riding. But even better than that are the hinge tech bindings. It takes zero effort to get in and out of them and once you snap them shut they hold just as well or better than any other brands I have used.

Hope you enjoy boarding as much as we do. Good Luck.

I will second the CWB boards. I ride the Faction and I have agree that the bindings are EXTREMELY easy to get in and out of. I love the board. The best thing to do, like said above, is just demo the boards and find one that you like. Good Luck!!
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

I ride a CWB board now too. You can not beat the Bindings they have now. So easy for newbies to get in and out of the bindings.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
    Hey Welcome....
    Wow, a boat for a buck! It'd be nice if everything else for the boat was a buck!!!!! You're gonna love it, these Supra's are amazing and I haven't fixed mine up yet!!!
    It's that acronym for b.o.a.t. you have to watch out for... I just learned what it stands for myself.....
    OK, I'm biting. I haven't heard the B.O.A.T. acronym and can't imagine what it might be because there's no "M" for $$$$$$$$$!