Default Boarding Ladders

I know this is probably not something most of you think about, but my Mom and Aunt enjoy being on the boat and watching others ski and board. On hot days they wish they could get in the water, but they do not have the upper body strength to get back on the swim platform. Has anyone thought of installing a fold up removable boarding ladder off the swim platform? There seem to be two types of mounts, holes through which the ladder arms slide into or brackets with knobs that slide in and lock in place. Other than the tripping hazzard of the brackets (which I guess I could recess some by removing the rubber deck covering), that would appear to me to have more stability than two holes through the some what thin swim deck. Thoughts, Suggestions???

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ID=1008&r=view

Dave

2005 22 SSV GG
    Last edited by Sluggo; 04-02-2009 at 12:11 PM.

Well I have only been trying to do the same thing, for the same reasons, for about 4 years now. I dont want to destroy anything, just want to think it through and like the end result! My ladder, from my old boat(it cost more than the boat did!) is a diving style that has two protrusions that slip into a bracket, the one that came with the ladder is ok, but I went and got the adjustable one and it is much nicer- now, where to mount it? Thought about the same spots you mentioned, but I'm still not sure- maybe make a custom bracket that replaces one of the swim platform brackets?