Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My 84 Supra Rider

Okay here are a few of the Supra Rider I bought last year. Only had her out once and is going to need some work. Once I get it on the water I will send you more. She is a work in progress but cant wait to get started when it gets warm and get her on the water.
    Attached Images Attached Images

it's weird how many things changed between model years in the 80's. difference between 86 and 84 is like traveling back in time.

love the bow rail, engine box, the swivel observer seat is cool too.

can't wait to see what you do with it.

Congrat's on the '84, Salty's right the differences are incredible, I had yet to see an engine cover like that, but had already started modifying mine to have a rear facing bench, pretty cool that Supra had already done it!!!!!
    Your boat looks to be in good shape.....Hope you enjoy the restoration as I have.. I'm in Toronto and am also hoping this warmer weather is here to stay!~
    Way easier to work on the boat w/out gloves!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
    Congrat's on the '84, Salty's right the differences are incredible, I had yet to see an engine cover like that, but had already started modifying mine to have a rear facing bench, pretty cool that Supra had already done it!!!!!
    Your boat looks to be in good shape.....Hope you enjoy the restoration as I have.. I'm in Toronto and am also hoping this warmer weather is here to stay!~
    Way easier to work on the boat w/out gloves!!!!!
    Thanks....yes my friend growing up had an 86 sunsport that I fell in love with. It also did not have the rear bench on the enging box but did have the swivel captains passenger seat. The interior is in suprisingly good shape and floor is sound but there is some stringer rot and I am eventually going to have to replace the stringers. I am hoping to get away with them as is for a season or two...but we will see what happens.

Thanks...

Hey man,
    It's awesome to see a Rider. I can't wait to see your progress and the restoration... I love to see the evolution of Supra's boats--the differences as well as the consistencies in their design! Congrats!!!
    1992 21 Sunsport
    PTI Boss GT-40 351 w/4011 Holley 750DB
    O.J. 14X16 1.02 cup 3rh

I don't know how far apart chautauqua and pittsburgh are, but my boat is still 2 hours away in a barn and the trailer's here, being rebuilt... I have one more coat of paint to put on it and then I can go get the boat.....
    I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Thanks

Yes....you dont find many Supra Riders anymore. I am hoping to restore her back to her former glory and have some fun doing it as well as fun running her.

Chautauqua Lake is 2 hours north of Pittsburgh PA. It is in between Buffalo and Erie in NY. Not a bad trip for me but.... Actually Maple we are not too far apart.

Yeah Man... I grew up outside of Niagara Falls and we'd be over the "ditch" weekly. It's been a while, but I recall the south shore of Lake Erie being really nice......
    It's the seperation from my boat that's drivng me nuts....not much restoring going on when it's a couple hours away!!

Yeah same thing here. I bought a new electronic conversion for the points, new plugs and fuel filter on line. Just got the parts and am cant wait to install them and see if it helps the stalling issue is was having last fall. Didnt buy the carb rebuild kit yet. I am hoping to clean everything up and install the new parts to see if that helps. If not probably going to have to rebuild the carb.

But...cant do anything until I can get up there.

ditto......