Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

sounds great maybe when can hit the lake when you get done with it and you come to pick it up. Youll have one sharp boat when its done. Is he doing any wetsanding or anything to the exterior he did mine and it came out almost as good as new and wasnt to high either.

cs
    I am glad we did our TS6M ourselves, BUT now I've "Been There, Done That" and do not think I would do it again. Guessing I would say we have 300 hrs and $2K in the repair. That is a lot of time and $$$$$$ for a boat that is realistically worth $5K or $6K. We do a lot of boating and hope to get our effort rewarded over the years of use we expect out of the TS6M.

People say I am a little "Anal". I don't know what they are talking about I just like things done my way. So I prefer to do my own repairs and service.

Having said that;
    I have not met Jim (Viper) personally but have spoken with him on the phone. I would expect him to have the most experience with Supras and would contact him about doing your repair.

michael hunter
    I would not be suprised if Supra is sending their repairs to Viper. He works out of the old Supra factory and worked for them untill a few years ago.
    Last edited by rickr; 05-05-2009 at 07:43 AM.

rickr - I have spoken to Jim Jackson and if I have someone else do the work, he will probably be my pick. I've purchased parts from him and talked to him at length about the boat - very knowledgable. I value your input and have marvelled at your work!
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Hey Michael I know that it will be cheaper than 5k through viper i am almost certain

Default Woton2525? Where did you get yours done?

Woton2525, where did you take your boat to have the stringers done for $1500? I can afford that. I have a few soft spots and I know it is an issue that is going to need fixed. I need to replace the interior and carpet anyways.

Going the route you did sounds like a great idea. Do you have a contact?

Thank you,
    Ian

I purchased a 1985 Sunsport late last summer and got about a month and a half of awesome use out of it. Can't wait for this summer...

However, one of the engine mount bolts is just spinning in the stringer its in. The others seem to be solid. I have no real idea of the overall condition of that that I cannot see. I live in Vermont. Does anyone know of someone in let's say a 3 hour radius from Vermont who is proficient in Stringer repair?

Thanks-

When I bought my 84 comp I was told the stringers and floor were professional done 6 years ago. During the first winter season I decided to pull the engine and reseal it.
    While I had it out I figured it would be a good time to replace the carpet . After looking at the floor boards I started to check out how the professional stringer job was done . The rest is documented on my thread[ My Quick Fluff & Buff Has Gone Awry] . I worked on and off for over a year. It was very frustrating and challenging especially since most of the original structure was missing. I hope to never do another but I am pretty cheap so I wont say never. The best part about doing it yourself is the pride of accomplishment and knowing what is under that pretty carpet. Without a wood working background, tools, equipment and a good place to work it would be almost impossible .

She is such a beautiful ride. I was under the impression that you had already her completely restored. Is your floor going bad? Or is it just your stringers?Craig's boat.jpg