Default Contact for SMP trailers?

Does anybody have a contact number or email for SMP. I tried "Google", but all I get is a listing for pipe dispensing trailers. I've got a model 1871 (built in 91') that I need to know the spindle size on so I can verify that I have the right replacement hubs/bearings. I don't have the trailer in my possesion as it is in Maryville, about four hours north of me. Had some issues on the voyage up there and I want to replace the hubs/wheels before I head home with it.

I didn't think to check the spindle size before I dropped the boat off

Doctor
    Sweetwater Metal Products doesn't make trailers anymore. I have pulled my hair out trying
    to get the correct bearings for my 89 tandon axle. Don't buy a bearing set they will have the wrong inner race and seal. Here are the correct numbers. Inner bearing L 68149 race L 68110
    Outer bearing L 44649 race L 44610 the grease seal is a National 473317. I got them at
    NAPA but any good parts store should be able to get them. If you are going to buy complete hub assemblies check with the parts store they will be able to look up the bearings and give you the spindle size. I hope this helps

Thanks Michael! I've accumulated several different bearings to make sure that I'm covered once I get up there. I'll check your part numbers against what I have just to make sure I'm okay.

DoctorJD ask Jim at Viper he can help you he is the one that got my axle made for my smp trailer, he had boatmate make it so he should be able to help you out without a problem

Jason,

I sure hope Jim is really taking care of you - probably 1/2 his business is from
    your referals!!!

Todd ;o)
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

LOL!!! I wouldnt really say that he is I get the same discount that everyone on this site gets, just with the boating world going down the tubes because of the economy and everyone shutting doors its great to finally find someone that knows what they are talking about is reasonable and honest, John Bauer on this site got to go down there the other day and after having no luck with skiers choice, Jim was able to hook him up. Just living in this area I have got to meet a lot of people, I always try to pass on where I know people are honest and where there is good deals for instance if people need LF boards I know the people for this to LOL!!!
    Last edited by jasonba1; 05-14-2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: forgot something

Doctor JD here is the number for smp 423-337-3466 I talked to them about my axle last year , and they were very helpful and willing to build one but I had to have the boat off the trailer and at the time I didnt have anyway to do that. So if Jim cant help you I bet they can still tell you what you need or they may still have it in stock as left overs. Sorry I cant for the life of me remeber who I talked to though

Quote Originally Posted by jasonba1 View Post
    Doctor JD here is the number for smp 423-337-3466 I talked to them about my axle last year , and they were very helpful and willing to build one but I had to have the boat off the trailer and at the time I didnt have anyway to do that. So if Jim cant help you I bet they can still tell you what you need or they may still have it in stock as left overs. Sorry I cant for the life of me remeber who I talked to though
    Thanks Jason. Actually, the axles are fine, I'm just going to replace the hubs/bearings/wheels/tires before I head back to Ga. with it. I was pretty ignorant and tried to haul it up I-75 with the old running gear and paid the price. I didn't verify the spindle size before I left Jim's but based on what Michael said, I'm covered. I'm going to replace all that stuff in Jim's shop before I head back home with it next week (thanks Jim).

Default Trailer Bearings

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Doctor
    Sweetwater Metal Products doesn't make trailers anymore. I have pulled my hair out trying
    to get the correct bearings for my 89 tandon axle. Don't buy a bearing set they will have the wrong inner race and seal. Here are the correct numbers. Inner bearing L 68149 race L 68110
    Outer bearing L 44649 race L 44610 the grease seal is a National 473317. I got them at
    NAPA but any good parts store should be able to get them. If you are going to buy complete hub assemblies check with the parts store they will be able to look up the bearings and give you the spindle size. I hope this helps
    What size were your spindles on the 1989 tandem trailer

Quote Originally Posted by My 97 Saltare Lake Date View Post
    What size were your spindles on the 1989 tandem trailer
    Do you want the diameter of the spindle where the bearings seat?