Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Wow! Productive evening. Sounds great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

where ya heading!?

Spent the weekend at Gull Lake in Nisswa, MN. It's a 15 mile long lake with at least 10 other lakes that are connected via channels. Our friends have a family cabin that was one of the first ones on it, built in 1929. I used to go there as a kid but haven't been there in about 15 years. Trailer made it without issue and we had an absolute blast!

Friend towed it up with his 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 and I was pretty impressed with how that truck towed. I just didn't trust my 1992 F-250 to make it.

Surfed for at least 3 hours today. No mechanical break-downs and the boat worked splendidly. Perfect way to (almost) end the season.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Nisswa, dangerous place if you go with your wife or g/f...too many shops. We have family friends that have a few cabins on the White Fish chain on Cross Lake. Love it up there.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Made it out surfing for the first time this year (high-water, no-wake rules have been in effect.) Surfed GREAT for about 90 minutes.... Had 8 people in the boat and the wave was really spectacular. Girlfriend was idling it around to pick me up and the engine died. Really strange because that has never happened with it warm, before. Was able to get it started back up but it wasn't easy and the engine didn't sound happy. It was running really rough and was making a "knocking" sound periodically. Oil level was spot on and oil looks clean. Looks like I get to start tearing into the top end and see what I can find.....

Bummer!!

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    Made it out surfing for the first time this year (high-water, no-wake rules have been in effect.) Surfed GREAT for about 90 minutes.... Had 8 people in the boat and the wave was really spectacular. Girlfriend was idling it around to pick me up and the engine died. Really strange because that has never happened with it warm, before. Was able to get it started back up but it wasn't easy and the engine didn't sound happy. It was running really rough and was making a "knocking" sound periodically. Oil level was spot on and oil looks clean. Looks like I get to start tearing into the top end and see what I can find.....

Bummer!!
    Talked to an engine guy and he said to cut open the oil filter and see how much metal was inside. There was no metal inside -- so the chances I spun a rod bearing seem pretty low. Changed out the oil, changed the fuel/water separator, checked the timing, added some fresh gas and some sea-foam and ran it hard on sunday. No problems to report. Wahoooo!