Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My '90 Conbrio

Default My '90 Conbrio

So I thought I'd get a thread going , slowly, to show the progress...
    A lot of plans have been changed or put off do to time limitations, but I am seeing improvements and snapped a couple pic's tonight before and after throwing the cover on, which for a $100 bucks is keeping the weather out, but for how long I don't know!
    The wet sanding and polishing is what sparked the photo's, that and the new licence decals... It's amazing how the finish comes back...I'd read all these posts about it and am now super stoked to get it all done.
    Since there's no entire restoration going on here, I'd thought I'd do a water test before putting the carpet and rest of interior back in....
    More to follow.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    90 Conbrio

great start mapleleaf keep us up to date

We know you have done more. More pics please.

thanks S I, I have , but it's not that exciting.....
    I've been forced to recover my new seat frames with the old vinyl, kinda lame, but usable....I've pretty much gone to get it done mode and the boss has seriously trimmed my budget.......
    I've got the boys com'in over on Sunday for a wet sanding party....there'll be some pic's then...
    Todate, it's been lowbudget, maintenance.....vent cover replacement, rub rail.....
    90 Conbrio

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
    thanks S I, I have , but it's not that exciting.....
    I've been forced to recover my new seat frames with the old vinyl, kinda lame, but usable....I've pretty much gone to get it done mode and the boss has seriously trimmed my budget.......
    I've got the boys com'in over on Sunday for a wet sanding party....there'll be some pic's then...
    Todate, it's been lowbudget, maintenance.....vent cover replacement, rub rail.....
    Its a good start Maple, keep chuggin away and it'll come together. Just takes time.

one step at a time, leaf. it can be overwhelming but you'll get it.

i've re-used the vinyl on my rear locker twice. including the factory work, that makes 3 lives for that skin. it's showing too.

screw it, through a towel on them and who cares?

save some work for the winter.

Yeah it's good with me this process.....Get it water ready and have "projects" left over....
    There will always be something to do, but using it has become a priority, long live my boating career!!!!!!
    no one said it had to be pretty......
    just got home from the woodshop....head unit brackets for a beat up glove box, looks great and cost....nuth'in, 4 hours a night gets stuff done, I'll be boating soon.........
    Last edited by mapleleaf; 06-10-2009 at 11:41 PM.
    90 Conbrio

here's how the stereo's gonna mount up.....
    Anybody know how to hook it up??? It's a Sony CDX GT 500, I have the harness with loose wires at one end to hard wire to boat, and the boat diagram, running with trial and error??
    Also have an amp and sub, thought I'd run the sub off the amp and my five and a quarter's off the stereo....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    90 Conbrio

You should be able to google the model of the head unit to get the wiring diagram otherwise the wires are color coded.

How many channels and watts is your amp? If it's a three channel you could power your boat speakers too. Mono channel is just for sub. Two channel would probably be just for sub.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Quote Originally Posted by 87SunSportMikeyD View Post
    You should be able to google the model of the head unit to get the wiring diagram otherwise the wires are color coded.

How many channels and watts is your amp? If it's a three channel you could power your boat speakers too. Mono channel is just for sub. Two channel would probably be just for sub.
    not sure about the channels on amp., will check. The head unit has these rca jacks on the back labeled bus. audio in/out, don't know what they're for......
    90 Conbrio