Hybrid View

Default 89 supra comp wake

I think the boat throws a decent wake with around a 1000 pounds in her but it sketch at best, you have to be on the ball not to sink her.
    I want to here from some of the other comp owners to here your ballast setups and how much weight.

I will post a pic of the boat and wake asap.

Post your comp wake, and specs.

On my 92 I have waited it a few times I put 450 lbs on each side of the motor 100 ilbs in the nose. It does ok but as you said you have to be real careful because of how low you are in the water

I am yet to put a ballast in my 84 comp, due to the fact of limited storage space...The boat came with a 200Lb fat sac (the wap around bench style) never have filled it though, guess i need a pump to do that??...Usually mine throws a pretty nice size wake with a cooler of beverages and a couple bodys in the back , i feel like as low as it sits in the water anyway, any more added weight may be a mistake....

Last edited by Curtis; 06-08-2009 at 07:00 PM.

yeah I'm nervous to weight mine as I don't have a windsheild to block the submarine, I also don't have enough time in my boat to know......
    Would love to get advice....want to try surfing this summer and thought i'd weight the portside hard......
    We're just so low already........
    90 Conbrio

The main problem is once a rider falls u need to put in neutral and sit for a min. then get the rider because of the nose being so low but you cant stop to fast becasue the back will take over water . I have found its almost not worth it dont get me wrong you can get a nice wake out of it but with the space issue and the water issue its usally more of a hassle.

We started the day with 315#s on the drivers side and 4 guys and at lunch we diched 135#s and it was allot better and the wake was still decent. I would say that anything over a 200# sac and a full boat is a no go for me.

Default 11 years later

Quote Originally Posted by 89 supra View Post
    I think the boat throws a decent wake with around a 1000 pounds in her but it sketch at best, you have to be on the ball not to sink her.
    I want to here from some of the other comp owners to here your ballast setups and how much weight.

I will post a pic of the boat and wake asap.

Post your comp wake, and specs.
    I have a 1989 Supra tsm6 ski boat now that we use for wakesurfing. My set up is a waketower,800lbs freemotion ballast bag on passenger side toward the stern a wake creator on the opposite side and my cavitation plate up 1/4".Decent push boat does sit low in water but never had issues with swamping the boat