Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I've been playing around with weight and people sitting in different places and I think at about 300lbs, plus 4-5 people in the boat I'm almost maxed out..The boat is low and anymore weight I'd be submarining too often!
    The wake is significantly bigger with the 300lb in the back, with 2 people on the rear bench, observer and driver.....The only thing I think I would like is it to be a bit steeper, maybe the person sitting in the obsever seat should be in the bow, I tried 2 people in the bow, this was too much.....
    Gonna keep messing with it, these boats can throw an awesome wake!!
    90 Conbrio

well I didnt get any pics but I was able to surf yesterday with just 5 people in the boat. Not the greatest wave but it worked I will keep perfecting it and let you guys know what I come up with.

For a comp I would keep all the weight in the rear of the boat. I'm pretty sure the driver and batteries would be enough weight in the bow for ya. Feel free to weight the rear until she doesn't plane out as easily. This will add needed height and steepness to the wake.

For surfing put those sacs all on the portside rear floor and you SHOULD be good to go. Make everyone sit on the port rail.

Lets see a pic!!!!!
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

I have an 88 comp and i use two 500 fat sacs on either side of the motor box. Then i set the wake plate to about half way. With the plate all the way up the wake has too much shape. The extra 1000 pounds is a lot but not bad to drive if all you are doing is wakeboarding. It's the best wake i can come up with.

Yeah I put my wake plate all the way up and the boat really doesn't handle as well (in chop). Going to try it at half up and see......What amazes me is how you can go from a dead flat slalom wake to a fairly decent wakeboard wake with these boats.....
    I've yet to make a huge wake, but I'm happy with it nevertheless....
    Like the sounds of the 2 5 hundo sac's, think'in that's my next move....
    90 Conbrio

Anyone have any pics of the wake behind a comp ? I've been contemplating on getting one for wakeskating
    Go Balls Deep Or Go Home ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery View Post
    Anyone have any pics of the wake behind a comp ? I've been contemplating on getting one for wakeskating
    Hopefully the link below works......this was taken while weighted about 750 lb in the back of my Conbrio including people! ....
    Probably room for another 500 lb's back there before you're too low...

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...?t=4334&page=2
    90 Conbrio

Sweet thanks Just what I was looking for
    Go Balls Deep Or Go Home ! ! !

Default hey

i have a 87 comp and well... 25 bucks will get you 250 pounds of sand at the hardware store and i usually throw them ontop of the gas tank.. with a full tank and stratiegically placed bodys we get a nice wake... the sand is easy to move around and we will throw them up under the bow but ya gotta be careful not to submarine! we recently bought a 540 pound fat sac... but we cant get the pump to work. but we are gonna try that soon we might sink her though...

haugy on wb.com has a Mariah. He runs two 300 or 400 pound bags...one on each side of the engine. He scoots them back and puts people in the back. He said he generally weights all to the back until the wake washes out then moves just enough weight forward to clean it up. We've played with the same concept on our Sunsport and it seems to work well.