Thread: One more thing

Default One more thing

How will i figure out if I have a rh or lh tranny? I guess this matters when you buy a prop cause I keep getting asked.

Thanks

Which way do your belts turn when engine is running? clockwise or counter clockwise??

Now thats kind of a trick question. Looking from the back to the front are the front to the back?

Yea your right sorry..if you are looking at it from front of boat to back, being that your belts are on the front of your engine, im sure you could tell your local shop and they can fix you up with a prop based on the direction your belts turn..hope this helps

ok looking at it from the front to the back the belts turn clockwise. So does that mean a LH?

Yea if i remember correctly it would be an LH turning from left to right, just make sure you let the prop guy know the directional turn of your belts..Dont want to give false info, so dont take it to the bank, but maybe someone can give you a definite LH or RH...

should be stamped on the hub of your prop too

If you have a PCM ford 351w its standard rotation. Same as automotive. The trans doesn't reverse the rotation if its a Velvet Drive. Also like Salty said you should have stamped on your prop something to the affect of 13x13 LH 1"
    .084 cup nibral. The numbers may be different of coarse this is just for your reference.

All supra are LH rotation other than v-drives. But for your velvet drive you must index the pump to clockwise rotation and not the same direction of the prop! The pump must be indexed to the same direction as the engine.