Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 07 Supra 21v Mirror holder snaps driving home

Coming home from the lake today I'm almost home and I look back in the mirror and see the mirror laying on the top of the boat in front of the wind shield. I pull over thinking maybe some screws backed out and a section fell off. When I get the mirror I see that the last section about 2 inches past where the mirror attaches the metal has broken in 2 places.

I'm still under my warrentee for this I believe, I bought the boat new from the dealer last August. Will find out when I call them next week.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Anyone know if this is this made by Roswell?

I've had some screws fall out of mine, but never broke....

I believe it was made by Roswell. I've talked to them about the new swivel's for board racks and they're pretty nice people. Try giving them a call.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Even if the screws fall out the sections look to be welded to each other...

I'll give Roswell a call tomorrow and see what they say. Their service is really good...

I had the screws back out on my '06 when I picked it up after I bought it. Same result, the weight of the mirror snapped the welds on the support bracket on the back of the arm. Luckily, I didn't lose anything and it was replaced under warranty. Ever since then, I always take the mirror off and store it before towing any long distances.

To follow up Roswell is sending me a new mirror holder after I showed them pictures. Good company that stands behind their stuff...

Mikebu....if possible, show a pic of your mirror mount....mines crap, mirror vibrates/jumps around and i just mounted mirror back on the winshield( works great but...)I took whats left of my mirror mount & made it a flag holder...pirate, of course(..i mean it is nice polished product, just sucks as a mirror mount)

If mines a "ROSWELL"....I'll see if i can return as well cause it looks great but performance stinks!....My racks are Roswell.
    RED WINE ROCKER~2005 SUPRA LAUNCH 21 (PHOTO BOAT!)
    LAKE LANIER/LAKE BURTON/LAKE BLUE RIDGE

http://www.myspace.com/atlantawhiskeydawgs
    ...my band this year.

Let me see a picture of your mirror holder and I'll confirm whether or not it is the same as mine. I'm not going to post pictures of my broken one on the internet. I had no complaints with mine until it broke. Note that my mirror holder was still under covered under my Supra warranty as I bought my 07 boat new last fall.

Got it....Supra warranty / not Roswell....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    RED WINE ROCKER~2005 SUPRA LAUNCH 21 (PHOTO BOAT!)
    LAKE LANIER/LAKE BURTON/LAKE BLUE RIDGE

http://www.myspace.com/atlantawhiskeydawgs
    ...my band this year.

I have a Samson mirror on the passenger side - great product - comes with the
    big CIPA Extreme. I swapped the 2 mirrors, so I have the Extreme on drivers and the
    other CIPA on the passenger.

I haven't had any issues at all with the Roswell arm ... but I think the Samson is
    a GREAT mirror arm, and has a "quick" disconnect.

Take a look if looking for options: not cheap, but quality.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

That is very similar to my Roswell mirror holder but it is a bit different. Probably made by Roswell...