Default Supra Santera V-drive on the rocks rudder

Hey, trashed my rudder, prop, propshaft, and bent the truss thing that holds the driveshaft. Should I turn it in for an insurance claim? Where can I get parts. I'm in SE iowa. Are there aftermarket suppiers for these items? thanks, NIck

that sucks. would be worth it to check your insurance and see if it's covered.

you can get aftermarket parts. i use a local propellor shop, any shop should be able to help you with all of those parts. if you can't find one locally, the one i use is Nettles Props out of austin.

good luck

Viper customs 865-388-4096 can get you all of it he also has some new and reman. props to help save on some money. He can also get the rudders and shafts. His prices so far have been cheaper than I have found. Make sure you say you saw it on this site to get a discount

Sorry to hear about your accident! I personally have not but an old neighbor of mine's wife hit a stump and did similar damage to his Combrio and it was covered under insurance! I am not sure of how much but it at least paid a good portion of it!

I am sure it will depend on your policy and deductible but my 2005 22 SSV had a run in with a submerged old road that was not properly marked in a man made lake was covered. I have State Farm and there were no questions asked other than accident report number, IE had to file an accident report with park ranger. Took out all the same parts as well as a little fiberglass damage. Repairs covered new rudder and rudder box, prop, drive shaft, and drive shaft mount as well as minor fiberglass work and a new wakeboard. Yes, my co-captain was at the helm and I was being pulled when it happened. After the boat hit the road they immediately powered down so I came to a stop and started to sink. To my surprise I only sank a foot or so before board was resting on asphalt. Needless to say, the board was all scratched up and chipped by the time I scooted myself off into deep enough water to get back on the boat. We could idle back, but that was it. Good thing we weren't to far away. All this work was done by a local Malibu dealer. Kept wanting me to "upgrade" to a new Malibu, but other than that, did real nice work, and was very quick.

groomsair heard Viper customs was going to help you out, hope it helps and insurance takes care of it . I actually happened to be at the shop the other day when you called getting some a new tower light