Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diagnostic test

Default diagnostic test

My local dealer can't look at my boat for three weeks. Can you use a automotive diagnostic tester or does it need to be an Indmar?

I would think you would be able to they just read codes. it might not tell you what it is. but you can get the code and your dealer should be able tell you what it is. good luck!
    84 comp ts6m

Type in-"indmar code reading tool" on google..tons of info using a 12v led and a paper clip. what kind of problem are you having?

I took my boat to a mechanic friend tonight and he hooked up a a fuel pressure gauge and took the air filter off so he could see the injector.The boat ran fine for about twenty minutes. Then it inconsitstently gets gas for a few minutes and then runs fine for a few minutes and keeps on repeating this process. Then gauge never moved from what I assume was 32psi. He suspects it might be bad gas, but I'm not sure. He plans on running fuel from a seperate tank tomorrow or Wed.

Is it losing fuel in both injectors or just 1 ?

Both. There is some kind of air regulator which we removed. The gas flow was less but consistent. He is also going to get a new one and put it on. Seems like this might be it, because it is the only thing between the gauge and the injector.

Have you checked the computer for codes yet?

My mechanic friend ended up taking my boat to a repair shop, while I was at the beach last week. Luckily they were much more accomodating than my local dealer. They fixed the problem and had it ready for the lake over the 4th. Turned out it was overheating and going into limp mode. They fixed a sensor and and put a new thermostat in and runs great.

was your temp gauge reading hot when this was happening?

No. Mine has always stayed right on 175 unless my impeller went out. That's why we did not look at the cooling system. The shop put a gauge on and it read 190+.