Default Impeller changes

How many hours are you guys going before you throw a new impeller in? I am at 58 hours right now, thought I would wait until about 100 hours.
    Last edited by Fman; 06-27-2009 at 06:47 PM.

you should be draining it through the middle drain hole so it goes straight down and gravity helps. Unless you have a v-drive and that would be why you would do it through the back. I cannot think of any reason why it wouldn't drain out unless the line is clogged or pinched!

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    How many hours are you guys going before you throw a new impeller in? I am at 58 hours right now, thought I would wait until about 100 hours.
    You should be fine for more than 100 hours. I usually put +/- 100 hours on in a month and I run year around. I change my impeller usually twice a year. Never had any problem. (Knock on Wood) I always keep a spare in the boat. Very easy to change out on the water if need be. Get some KY lube or Glycerin Lube it works great.

Does the Ky lube that is heated work?

Quote Originally Posted by saltare inverts View Post
    Does the Ky lube that is heated work?
    I'm sure it would it may make your boat run a little "HOTTER" and the air intake may sound like short quick panting. LOL