Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Look!

Default New Look!

Just thought I'd share some pics of the new look for my 86 Sunsport. I got the new wave decals from non other than Jim Jackson at Viper Customs ($30 per set) and then I decided to update the original "supra" decal with the current lettering. A local sign shop made the decals for me ($16 per set). I also have a new decal for the transom which I will share a picture of after I get it applied.
    Prior to the new decals, I used 3M Perfect-it II rubbing compound followed by a good coat of carnauba wax. It's not a showroom finish, but definitely an improvement!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Yes guy! Those decals are great, along with the boats finish, I finally finished working on the portside of mine, it makes all the difference......
    90 Conbrio

Wow!!! Those really look great! Your old wave was GONE hehe. So how did you do it? Did you cut along the edges of the old wave and then peel it off? And how did you get the old text off, was it a sticker on top of the colored stripe that you could just peel off?? Awesome!!!
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Looks great. I like using the new font, kinda old school with the wave and new school with the font.

Yeah - old wave was completely gone! When I tried to peel it off, it just crumbled, so I heated a little with the heat gun to soften it up, then peeled very carefully using a fresh blade. The old supra decals are just vinyl on top of the colored vinyl tape, so they peeled off very easily, without heat. Then I use the rubbing compound on everything, including the stripes, applied wax, and I was ready for the new decals.
    Clint
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Quote Originally Posted by saltare inverts View Post
    Looks great. I like using the new font, kinda old school with the wave and new school with the font.
    That's what I was hoping for, a little old, and a little new.
    Clint
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Quote Originally Posted by csuggs View Post
    Just thought I'd share some pics of the new look for my 86 Sunsport. I got the new wave decals from non other than Jim Jackson at Viper Customs ($30 per set) and then I decided to update the original "supra" decal with the current lettering. A local sign shop made the decals for me ($16 per set). I also have a new decal for the transom which I will share a picture of after I get it applied.
    Prior to the new decals, I used 3M Perfect-it II rubbing compound followed by a good coat of carnauba wax. It's not a showroom finish, but definitely an improvement!
    That looks great Clint...I am hoping to put mine on this weekend. No doubt you got a better deal than I did through viper on the decals. I started cleaning the teak on mine and hope to get the new decals on. I will send you pics of mine as well.
    1984 Supra Rider

Hell yeah dude looks great
    Go Balls Deep Or Go Home ! ! !

That looks really good!

How quick was the response from the guys at viper??...I contacted via e-mail and got one back saying he would send me some pics of graphics that would fit my boat....3 weeks later still nothing?...Maybe i just need to get a phone number out there..anyone have it???