Default 1989 Conbrio Oil Light and Alarm

I have an '89 Conbrio that I purchased last month. Today was very hot, and after about 30 minutes of use; the oil light and alarm came on. The pressure was between 40 to 60 psi. The light and alarm go off if the engine is turned off, it sits a little while, and then restarted.

I check the oil level and it was slightly over full.

The manual says the light and alarm represent not enough pressure.

What should the pressure be? Should I change the filter? Should I change the oil pump?

Thanks
    KatySupra

Mine has done that for 2 seasons now it drives me f-ing nuts if my oil light isn't on then my fuel light is on and the buzzer is going off, I keep forgetting to unhook it so it wont go off anymore, it's very annoying
    Go Balls Deep Or Go Home ! ! !

While these systems are pretty sensitive and can go off for very little reason, I have never found mine to give a false alarm. Even if there is not a major problem, they are usually trying to tell you something. There is an adjustment for the alarms under the dashboard, high up, where you can turn the sensitivity down a bit if you choose.

Katy congrats on the boat and I would start by changing small parts like the oil filter first. Did you change the oil this spring???
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

You may also want to check for loose or corroded electrical connections on the alarm sensors.

In 89 the alarm system wasn't very accurate mine has been disconnected since 1990
    The dealer could never get it to stop false alarms. If you watch your gauges you dont need the light and alarm system. With the newer boats the electronics are much more sophisticated and reliable. With 40-60 lbs oil pressure you dont have a problem. Sounds like a false alarm IMO.

Mikey, where about is the alarm adjustment located if under the dash looking up ? I'd much rather adjust it than just disable it.

Nevermind just found it, pretty simple to adjust While I was adjusting it I found out why mine was going off all the time, I don't know if the connection to the board is bad or if the board itself is bad but when I just barely bumped the harness connected to the board it started going off, so I wiggled it a little at the connection and it stopped, but every time I touched the harness it would go off so I unplugged it for now. I'll mess with it more tomorrow when I'm on the water