Default Vibration under dash and steering cable question

1) I noticed a loud vibration under the dash of my 2001 Lauch SSV when I throttle up from a dead stop in the water. It lasts for just a couple seconds and then goes away as the boat speeds up. I just replaced the steering cable (no fun). Sounds like the vibration is coming from just right of center and under there...somewhere. Suggestion?

2) I put in the new cable, BUT not sure about setting it. where along the steering control tube was that clamp under the motor supposed to go? In other words where was the rudder supposed to be set and how far out was the inner cable supposed to be when I connected the end to the rudder and then the clamp? Confusing...I know. But if you don't put the clamp in the right place, it'll make sharp turns one way and not so sharp the other.

My friends boat does the same thing and we have tried to isolate the problem to fix it but have not been able to fix it as of yet. If we figure it out I'll let you know.

Default Major Problem Now!!!

MAJOR PROBLEM NOW!!!

Took the boat out a few trips, wakeboarded, wakesurfed, tubed. Everything went great. The last time, i dropped off my girlfriend at the dock to get the truck, started backing away, the steering wheel got tight, something popped, motor quit. I checked it out to find the rudder had spun all the way around and into the prop.

There's just no end.

Holy $ht. That sucks. Trust me, one day it will run smooth and your smile will be unstoppable. Specially because you did it. Keep diggin at it you will get there.

Man to own an older SUpra that hasn't been completely restored......couple good weeks, couple bad....The good really are good, and the things I'm learn'in.......I wouldn't change it for the world, what will we do when there is nothing to repair??
    90 Conbrio

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I'm anxious to get in there and see what came loose. Hopefully the prop is the worst of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
    Man to own an older SUpra that hasn't been completely restored......couple good weeks, couple bad....The good really are good, and the things I'm learn'in.......I wouldn't change it for the world, what will we do when there is nothing to repair??
    What are you talking about, Leaf? There's always gotta be something - even with a new one I suspect. But you know, I'm really getting kind of attached to my 23 year-old Sunsport. You just learn what her quirks are, and then go with it - kinda personalizes the boat, don't cha think?! Sort of like an old friend . . .
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Man you guys are right on! When the repairs stop the, the maintenence continues...

I think maybe I'm dreaming of the day where I "have" to come up with maintenance and repairs!!!!!!
    90 Conbrio

If nothing else, she can always use another coat of wax...