Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You won't believe how my restoration has ended.

Well all my hard work and money has been spent for nothing. Last night at 1:15 am a HUGE oak tree crashed into my baby. The body in really bad shape. I do however have a couple bright spots. I can put numerous items up for sale to recoup my loss. So if any of you have any requests let me hear em, and I'll check if its salvagable. Heres a quick list of items that I know are in great shape. New strut. oil cooler, bimini, boat cover, rudder, gas tank, prop, & many engine components (just ask). I just got a new prop shaft, but will try return it to skidim.com. There is a lot more, I will add to the list as we get the debris off and I inspect it better. I guess someone was trying to tell me not to take this boat out on the water. Oh well, on to the next project... feel free to email me any requests. [email protected]
    And thanks to all for the great advice over the last 4 months. The restoration was almost a great success.
    fyi.. its an 87 comp ts6m
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Grandorleans; 05-03-2010 at 09:44 PM. Reason: old

GO...

my sincere condolences, hate to see an old supra go out like that. there's a guy on iboats that the exact same thing happened to.

that must have been from the thunderstorms that moved thru? it came through austin friday. it brought lake travis up a foot or more.

i hope your insurance helps out. are you going boat shopping?...great time to be a buyer

oh, man ... I am SOO sorry - that stinks
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Very sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences. What a sad time for all of us...

Unhappy

I don't know what to say - I've read your threads and was interested in your progress. Too bad that happened after you got "attached". Like someone said though, great time to be a buyer.

Yikes, that sucks! Hopefully the insurance will take good care of you. I'm sure that won't compensate for your time, though.

I might be interested in buying a pitot off you. When I was working on buffing this weekend I broke the tube plastice portion where the tube connects. I'm trying to reattach it with some super glue or epoxy, but if that doesn't work I'd like to get a new one so both speedos work.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandorleans View Post
    Well all my hard work and money has been spent for nothing. Last night at 1:15 am a HUGE oak tree crashed into my baby. The body in really bad shape. I do however have a couple bright spots. I can put numerous items up for sale to recoup my loss. So if any of you have any requests let me hear em, and I'll check if its salvagable. Heres a quick list of items that I know are in great shape. New strut. oil cooler, bimini, boat cover, rudder, gas tank, prop, & many engine components (just ask). I just got a new prop shaft, but will try return it to skidim.com. There is a lot more, I will add to the list as we get the debris off and I inspect it better. I guess someone was trying to tell me not to take this boat out on the water. Oh well, on to the next project... feel free to email me any requests. [email protected]
    And thanks to all for the great advice over the last 4 months. The restoration was almost a great success.
    fyi.. its an 87 comp ts6m
    Everything happens for a reason, at least thats what I believe... what a great time to go out and purchase a newer or brand new Supra. There are some fantastic deals right now. I would have never thought about buying my boat a couple years ago at $60-65k, this market is allowing the average joe to get into some sweet boats. I was able to save about 30% off the msrp.

Keep an eye out there are some fantastic deals out there! If you are interested, the dealer by my house has a 2008 Sunsport 24V fully loaded (Rad-a-cage, Z5 cargo rack, upgraded sound system, heater, perfect pass pro, 340 HP indmar, gravity III ballast system, etc...) for $43k. The color is white/blue/grey, a really nice boat.

Best of luck.... and sorry for your loss.
    Last edited by Fman; 04-20-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Really sorry to hear that.... don't know what the reason would be, but I guess everything happens for one......
    You'll have to put a force field around the next one.....

How much do you want for the Bimini? What color is it and how wide is it at the mounting points?

Default total major bummer!

I'd be interested in the driver seat, back seat, and fuel tank - but shipping will likely be nuts to the detroit area....