Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spare Prop

Thumbs up Spare Prop

Every once in a while you stumble across a small company that offers a great service at a reasonable price, and whenever that happens I like to offer up a "plug" for that company by sharing my experience with others:

When I purchased my boat it needed a new prop because the one it was bent and out of balance. So I bought another prop last year, and just last week I got around to sending the old one out for repair so I would have a spare. The company I picked from an internet search turned out to be really good in my opinion. The name is Proper Pitch, LLC and they are in Selbyville, DE. They turned my prop around in a week's time, paid the return shipping and supplied ISO data sheets from their CNC machinery that give pitch and diameter information for each blade of the prop! The total cost for my prop (3-blade NiBrAl 13x13) was $113 plus about $12 to ship it to Delaware. I am very pleased with the results!

Their website is www.properpitch.com
    Email [email protected]
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Thanks csuggs, thats a really reasonable price. That is on my winter to-do list!

there is a 13x13 ,3 blade at the bottom of Kamloops lake.Sunk to the bottom after my driveshaft broke,It was 127 ft deep on depth finder.....

Wake beater, do you have GPS coordinates?

no ,it is only about 2000 ft from shore,new prop from viper didn't seem as tourque'e.Gotta lot of rattling,under dash now to..

Wakebeater, check your strut bearings- mine were worn out and gave me a bab vibration!

where are the strut bearing's,under dash?

Quote Originally Posted by wake beater View Post
    where are the strut bearing's,under dash?
    Not excatly, it is the piece that hangs down from the bottom of the boat that holds the drive shaft prior to the prop.

ok so the driveshaft runs though it,it has 2 allen key screws.How do i check to see if they are going bad,never rattled before.

Hey guys- Last year I had a 4 blade prop on my boat and ran it up on some rocks, which bent one of the blades. So i put my 3 blade back on it, which also had to be redone, I have noticed some vibration in the boat. I am also wondering on how you can tell if those bearings are bad and how to replace them? thanks