Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outta there

Default Outta there

Well guys it seems we have wreaked our boat past the point of repair. Its at a shop now waiting on the ins company to check it out but the shop said its not worth it. We were doin about 40mph and hit a rock in the middle of the lake. Ripped off the rudder, prop, bent the shaft and ripped out motor mounts. Its screwed. the repair shop is saying about 13k to fix it. Oh well time to start looking for a new one as soon as I hear from the ins. Momma fell in love with a new launch but not syre I want the payments. Thanks for all of yalls help with the rebuild of my boat. I will let you guys know if anything changes.

That is a tradegy I do not want in the back of my mind. I just hope and assume no one was hurt.

everyone was fine. When the rudder pulled off it skipped across the water like a rock and hit my wife's friend in the leg. She was good just a small bruise. Thanks god. It sucks and it seems the ins company is going to be a hassle. I have been playing phone tag with them for2 days now. Sux! Anyways you guys in TX be easy on the lakes they are very low right now

Glad to hear everyone's okay. Boats are replaceable.....
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Same, good thing no one was hurt. Your not kidding about the lakes being low. The lake I live on is over 40 feet below full. People who dont know the lake are hitting stuff all the time. And of course with my luck, i broke my prop without even hitting anything. But hopefully you can get some good news out of this situation.
    ________
    Yamaha RT100
    Last edited by blaze5012; 01-22-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Glad nobody was hurt. Did the boat start taking on water after the impact?

Glad everyone was ok. If we can help at the factory...just let us know.

Rick Tinker

glad to hear your ok as jon said boats are defintly replaceable

wow....pics!! lol

that sure could have been worse.

no messing with a rebuild now maybe, hopefully this is an opportunity. good luck with ins.

If you werent so far away I would offer to buy from you, or your insurance company. good luck with the new boat. Allan