Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default New Features for 2010 (2nd Attempt)

I am just checking to see if anyone has any information on the new features and or the color schemes and colors that will be offered on the 2010 Supra lineup. I know of the new LCD display, balast flow monitors and MB quartz stereo system (with no informaiton on the models). I am looking forward to placing an order as soon as they become available for order through dealers and just want the most information to plan my decision.

If you have anything to offer please go ahead. Otherwise, I have a thread titled 2010 Lineup that is readily available for other hijacks. Thanks.

Jason
    -2008 Launch 21 V

Glad to hear they changed the ballast system, and MB Quart is much better than the past, so that sounds like a good upgrade too.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

If I'm not mistaken, in the other thread, i think Mikey said he called SC and they said that consumer information should be out in early August. So hopefully early next week we should get full information.. hopefully.
    ________
    Honda NSR125
    Last edited by blaze5012; 01-22-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Sorry about the hijack cptsupra you are totally right. I did call them and they said very soon. I'm sure if you call them they can give you come more verbal details but they said first public pics and brochures etc out in beginnning of aug
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Thanks guys.

I am just anxious to see some stuff. Bad comibination of being away from any form of boating and a little too much time on my hands I guess.

I also heard of another tower option coming available in January. I'm guessing and truly only guessing that they are coming out with a fiberglass option to counter some of their competitors. I personally don't like the looks of those towers, but as long as it is an option, then I say, the more options the better.
    -2008 Launch 21 V

Hi Everyone! This is my first post but I will try to be as helpful as possible. Just got a new 2010 21V. My boat was the first one off the line. Serial number 001. The biggest addition this year is the LCD screen. It has a built in GPS with lake maps and depths, radio control, controls all cruise control options, and a few other things. The ballast system is still bags, however there is a gauge for each one on the lcd. One nice feature is the ability to program riders in the LCD. With the touch of a button it will automatically set the speed, wake plate, and fill each ballast bag to its preset level. The radio also has a self adjusting volume with the speed of the boat. When you slow the boat down, the radio gets quieter. Go faster....gets louder. Nice feature, but i have had it fault 3 times already. When the throttle is hit the radio turns all the way up and needs to be turned off to reset it. Prob a software glitch that can be updated. Radio has a usb input as well as an aux in in the glovebox. The tower is the same style but they are going to be changing it in Jan or Feb. Any questions ask and i'll be glad to try and answer them. I'll try to take some pictures when we go out this weekend as well. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by bero2121 View Post
    Hi Everyone! This is my first post but I will try to be as helpful as possible. Just got a new 2010 21V. My boat was the first one off the line. Serial number 001. The biggest addition this year is the LCD screen. It has a built in GPS with lake maps and depths, radio control, controls all cruise control options, and a few other things. The ballast system is still bags, however there is a gauge for each one on the lcd. One nice feature is the ability to program riders in the LCD. With the touch of a button it will automatically set the speed, wake plate, and fill each ballast bag to its preset level. The radio also has a self adjusting volume with the speed of the boat. When you slow the boat down, the radio gets quieter. Go faster....gets louder. Nice feature, but i have had it fault 3 times already. When the throttle is hit the radio turns all the way up and needs to be turned off to reset it. Prob a software glitch that can be updated. Radio has a usb input as well as an aux in in the glovebox. The tower is the same style but they are going to be changing it in Jan or Feb. Any questions ask and i'll be glad to try and answer them. I'll try to take some pictures when we go out this weekend as well. Take care!
    Sounds like a sweet ride, how bout some pics??? I am jealous of your gauges, I wish my '08 had them! I am waiting for the hard tanks one year and maybe I will upgrade my '08.

Anyway.... congrats on your new ride! sounds like SC added some real nice upgrades.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

I still don't see how the boat can meter the bag level. If it's a flowmeter of some sort, that's just another part that'll be broken in a few months. Maybe I'm wrong, but without a hard tank with a sending unit to monitor the level, I just don't see it being accurate.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    I still don't see how the boat can meter the bag level. If it's a flowmeter of some sort, that's just another part that'll be broken in a few months. Maybe I'm wrong, but without a hard tank with a sending unit to monitor the level, I just don't see it being accurate.
    r

I agree John, that system will probably not be 100% accurate. Plus, what happens if you change to larger ballast bags? How does it calibrate the level? They need to go with hard tanks with a true sending unit, I would take mechanical gauges over electronic any day. Electronic is just another item to go wrong, but maybe I am old school.

I do like the presetting feature of the riders, and the new screen looks real nice with the built in GPS.

Hard tanks.....why have they not considered this? Every other wakeboard boat manufacturer uses them! If the bags were that great, everyone else would be putting them in there boats!
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Just some food for thought.

-Yes, there will be a new tower available soon...it will be an option.

-The 21V is available in a walkthru bow if you so desire.

-The ballast gauges are utilizing the timers on the pumps. By knowing how many gallons the bag is and the fill rate, the gauges can tell you how full, etc. If any of you have spent time in other manufacturers boats with hard tanks and gauges, I'm not sure that you would be so anti-soft bag. Every boat I have been in besides by buddies old 2004 CC 210 Team Edition had a bad gauge, bad sending unit, or combination of the two on at least one ballast tank...even new out of the box boats.

To further the bag vs. tank discussion, I can only say that I, as a rider first, upgrade my ballast. I can do this VERY easily because Supra has bags. If it had tanks, I would rip out the tanks and put bags in....like many owners of other brands boats have done, or tried to do. Or, if the tanks were sub floor, I would still add ballast (i.e. bag system like the PWT Ballast system on the X-Star).

It's kind of a damned if you do damned if you don't.

1- Have bags, upgrade them as you see fit, very easily. When they're empty, they take up no storage.

2- Have above floor tanks. When they are full or empty, they still take up storage space. Most still will want to upgrade ballast. Remove or modify= $$ and time.

3- Have sub floor tanks. Only so much room sub floor= need for more ballast. Plumb in additional ballast....you now have a ballast bag system...plus a sub floor system.