Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

From my limited understanding, if you leave the scupper in place, then while under way the scupper will force water into the system past the check valve and into the bag. Maybe not as fast as the pump would, but pump does not stop the water from moving either way and thus the need for a check valve or in the factory case, the sprinkler valve. With the mushroom, I think we are more concerned about the suction that is created under way and thus the check valve is installed. I would be interested in knowing how much time difference there is between 3/4" and 1" dedicated lines to the 750's and if it is worth the cost.
    2005 22 SSV GG

My question is will the Rule pumps have enough suction to draw water from a mushroom through hull? I have problems in my factory setup with the pump "vapor locking" and I have to put some pressure into the scupper (through forward movement) to get the pump to prime. Without a scupper you won't have that ability.

As far as the question about 2 mushroom fittings or a manifold.... The factory manifold won't compete with 3 through hull fittings. If you go with a manifold you will need to increase the diameter of the pipe to compete with the 3 through hulls. My guess is that you would need a good 2 inch manifold (or more). Wake makers could definately answer this question.
    2007 Supra 24 SSV 340 CAT
    Lake Bryan, TX

sorry guys i have not been on since Thursday or Friday trying to get some lake time for memorial day. the setup i have pictured is what WM's recommended i was just wondering if anyone has done the thru-hull mushroom intakes and if there is anything that needs to be fix that would make it better.

I thought about going with the one inch lines but wanted to keep the cost down and use the factory lines. I would not think it would be much more expensive except the cost of new line I think 3/4"=.99 and 1"=1.49 per foot @ WM's

I also was worried about the suction of the tsunamis if it does not work i guess i am out 60 bucks. if they don't work i guess it will be upgrade to the expensive impeller pumps.
    I don't know if the rule pump will allow water thru the scupper intake without movement i have always coasted to fill because of what you said with vapor locking.

Wakemaker told me they talk to tons of people a week who do the thru-hull install i just would like to talk or even better see one that has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    Jason,

What causes brass to corrode in a boat? I am not saying you are incorrect, just wanted to find out how this occurs? They sell "brass thru hull" fittings for boats. I had my manifold for two years in my Supra and never had any problems.

http://www.nauticexpo.com/prod/eval-...86-217151.html
    Since I am also addicted to wood boats with a 66 Chris Craft Super Sport here is a link about brass fittings from the wood boat guru explaining what happens to the brass. Not sure if it applies to what you guys are doing but worth reading.

http://www.danenbergboatworks.com/fastener_metals.htm
    2007 24SSV
    66 18' Chris Craft Super Sport

Guys and Gals,
    This thread was started by by Fman in 2009. His system worked but not as well as he had anticipated.

We are getting quite a few customers asking about how and where to install the aerator pumps so I wanted to chime in. At the time of Travis's install we were fairly limited on what was available to complete the ballast upgrade. WakeMakers does not suggest the upgrade explained in this post.

It is not a valid solution. Our main goal of is to solve the issues that plague the 2002 to 2008 factory Gravity III system. We have developed the Supra Gravity III Ballast System Upgrade that utilizes as much of the factory plumbing that we could. Basically we convert the system to use reversible impeller pumps. Although we've worked as hard as possible to make this upgrade as easy to install as it can possibly be, there are some aspects of the installation that are unavoidable. Additional holes will need to be drilled in the boat. There's no way around it if we're going to fix the problems that are inherent with the factory system.

We've been selling ballast systems for a long time, and our customers are, understandably, always intimidated by this step of the process. We have some great video guides available that demystify this step of the process, so although it's intimidating, if you know how to use a drill, it's not difficult. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8oprSN59A8)

Of course you can always have your local dealer or marine service shop drill the holes for you if you would prefer (and we're happy to ship your order directly to them for installation).

Outside of the drilling the holes, the rest of the installation is fairly straight forward, and consists of mounting the new pumps, running new hose to feed the system, and wiring the new pumps to your factory switches.

Thanks,
    Spencer

What happen to the pictures?

Could you expand why it isn't valid? I'm not concerned about the added drilling but am about running the pumps dry and not knowing when the bags are empty. Not to mention the price of the impellor pumps. The aerator pump system with vented loops and check valves seem to be the best of both worlds. Thanks.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Fman - this upgrade still working well for you?

Fman sold the boat this was in a while back ...

Quote Originally Posted by Decum View Post
    Fman - this upgrade still working well for you?
    As mentioned, Travis did sell this boat a few years ago. Since then we've helping him do a couple of reversible pump based upgrades on the two Malibu's he has purchased.

An aerator pump based upgrade will work just fine though, so if that's the route you would prefer to go based on the pros and cons, go for it.
    WakeMAKERS.com | WakePROPS.com