Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    Jason, I finally finished this project. Everything works great except for one problem. My rear bag is filling when I don't want it to when underway. I understand why this happens and I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on what I can do other than installing the vented loop?
    if you route the fill hose high up above the bag it shouldnt fill on its own.

It is routed up high, comes up underneath the dash just about as high as you can go underneath the console.. still probably at least 2 feet higher than the bag sitting on the floor in the back.

Installing a vented loop and removing the scupper from the intake fitting is the only sure fire way to eliminate a siphon from being established and filling the bag.

Why don't you want to install one?
    WakeMAKERS.com | WakePROPS.com

Jason, I think mostly because I'm lazy, I was just hoping for an easy fix I could do in a day. I'll probably order one though

Haha, gotcha! I suffer from that same syndrome as well, but sometimes the only solution is to do it correctly.

You can mess around with re-routing the fill hose, adding loops and coils and stuff, but for the amount of time it takes to cut the hose, slide the loop in and secure it with two clamps, that's a much more efficient solution in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    The only other option if you choose to leave the scupper on the intake is to manually turn off your system with the ball valve when you are not using it. I did not want to have to lift the seat up/cooler every time I wanted to fill the system and then have to turn it back off after the bags were full.
    Could you leave the scupper and put the sprinkler valves behind the pumps?
    2007 Supra 24 SSV 340 CAT
    Lake Bryan, TX

I suppose one could do that. It it would pretty well defeat the point of doing such an upgrade. Besides failing frequently, those valves are also a huge source of restriction, accounting for a nearly 50% reduction in flow. They really only belong in a sprinkler system, so it's best to get them out of there.

I am planning on upgrading my 2001 supra, I called WM's and talked with Spencer and he recemmed that I install two new mushroom type thru-hull intakes into the boat. I was just wondering if anyone has done this and if they had pics of the install. Just like most everyone here I am terrified of drilling holes in my boat. I have already order the parts from WM's to complete the install just wondering if it is better to make the manifold type or drill thru-hull intakes in my boat. I attached what I am going to install if you have any advice or help please let me now. -Thanks

ballast.JPG

I was recommended the same thing for my 2005 22 SSV. I got to the point where Spencer was going to put all the parts required in my cart and now I haven't heard from him in a week or so. Hmmmmm..... Anyway, what pump is that and did you go 3/4" or 1" to the bag? The pump he was recommending was the Rule 1100 with a 1" outlet but only 3/4" inlet??? It also looks like you have a check valve after the pump, I don't think he was having me put that in there. One of the main reasons for doing this upgrade was to get rid of the sprinklers but he wanted me to keep the one for the center bag. I was thinking about switching out the thru hull to a mushroom or grinding down the scupper on the original to get rid of all the sprinklers but Spencer did not think it was worth it???
    2005 22 SSV GG

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    I was recommended the same thing for my 2005 22 SSV. I got to the point where Spencer was going to put all the parts required in my cart and now I haven't heard from him in a week or so. Hmmmmm..... Anyway, what pump is that and did you go 3/4" or 1" to the bag? The pump he was recommending was the Rule 1100 with a 1" outlet but only 3/4" inlet??? It also looks like you have a check valve after the pump, I don't think he was having me put that in there. One of the main reasons for doing this upgrade was to get rid of the sprinklers but he wanted me to keep the one for the center bag. I was thinking about switching out the thru hull to a mushroom or grinding down the scupper on the original to get rid of all the sprinklers but Spencer did not think it was worth it???
    He recommended using the 800's 3/4" all around to stay as factory and low budget as possible. What I was told is that you can use the rule pump that is already there and hooking it up straight to the inlet of the center bag. Getting rid of the manifold and sprinkler valves setup all together. Spencer said to put the check valve after the pump although I kind of think it is not necessary or better to install on the drain line. I am going to leave my scupper intake as-is and install two new mushroom style intakes, those two will fill the rear 750 bags. I am just at the point where I need to know what is better setup. I don't really like the idea of drilling a new hole in my boat, but if I have to I will. It sucks not being able to use ballast on your wakeboard boat!