Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Inregards to adding an inline strainer, I found this while browsing around. It looks like it could easily be tied in directly after the manual shut off valve on the thru hull.

Thoughts?
    http://www.boaterbarn.com/jabsco_pum..._7027_prd1.htm
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Inregards to adding an inline strainer, I found this while browsing around. It looks like it could easily be tied in directly after the manual shut off valve on the thru hull.

Thoughts?
    http://www.boaterbarn.com/jabsco_pum..._7027_prd1.htm
    That looks good, I would just make sure it is not going to slow down your fill times by reducing the 3/4" to a smaller size inside the filter chamber. This is the main reason I did not choose to have a filter.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

True that. I don't want to defeat the purpose of the whole mod!

I got your PM reply, but then confused myself again. In my drawing did I have the check valve in the right spot?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Placed my order with wakemakers on Thursday for all the parts to do the fill pump change-over, bag venting, and drain pump relocations. Just waiting for it to ship/arrive so I can get started on the modifications. It's a moment of anxiety and excitement. Obviously, excitement for the upgrade and anxiety that all goes well with the installations.

Another recommendation for wakemakers. Jason took plenty of time to make sure I understood what I was ordering and how it all worked within the system. Very knowledgeable

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Hey Fman, I sent you a pm.

Jason, regarding galvanic corrosion and brass components, what is causing failure in a ballast enviroment so quickly when these brass fittings are used in home plumbing applications with water passing through 24/7 for years on end with no problem? Don't get me wrong, I've seen some corroded ones, but they are generally really old.

Just curious. ( I've got my "cart" saved on your website ready to do this project)
    I guess I am still confused? I dont see how they are going to fail in my boat, I guess time will tell. I really like the brass manifold, its strong and will never break. Guess time will tell on the corrosion process.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by ScottnAz View Post
    Placed my order with wakemakers on Thursday for all the parts to do the fill pump change-over, bag venting, and drain pump relocations. Just waiting for it to ship/arrive so I can get started on the modifications. It's a moment of anxiety and excitement. Obviously, excitement for the upgrade and anxiety that all goes well with the installations.

Another recommendation for wakemakers. Jason took plenty of time to make sure I understood what I was ordering and how it all worked within the system. Very knowledgeable
    You will be very pleased with this system, it works great. Soooo much better than the sprinkler valves.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Thumbs down

Fu$*ing Supraboats.com..... I just spent the time to blast wakemakers.com for their lack of customer service and communication, and wouldn't you know that my session timed out while I was typing. Knowledgeable.... yes.....Proficient and communicative.....absolutely not.

Long story short, I expected my order last Tuesday and it still hasn't shipped. I even went as far as to tell them to completely remove the backordered items from the order and that I would source them elsewhere. Not surprising, no response from them. In fact, it took 3 straight days of emails to get a response. Oh, give them a call you say.... been there, done that. Sat on hold until the cows came home with no mention of hours or availability. I guess the one good thing with the delay is I was able to remove the backordered part from my order today because I can reuse the parts from my original setup. Order still hasn't shipped, however.

Freakin 88 degress here tomorrow, and I have no ballast system to speak of because I ripped out the old in anticipation of the new......LAST WEEK!! Of course, my windows are still with the tint guy though But who needs windshields to surf @ 10.7mph? Ballast on the other hand....

Thanks for letting me rant, now back to my beer
    2005 Supra Launch 22ssv - yellow/black

Fu$*ing Supraboats.com..... I just spent the time to blast wakemakers.com for their lack of customer service and communication, and wouldn't you know that my session timed out while I was typing. Knowledgeable.... yes.....Proficient and communicative.....absolutely not.

Long story short, I expected my order last Tuesday and it still hasn't shipped. I even went as far as to tell them to completely remove the backordered items from the order and that I would source them elsewhere. Not surprising, no response from them. In fact, it took 3 straight days of emails to get a response. Oh, give them a call you say.... been there, done that. Sat on hold until the cows came home with no mention of hours or availability. I guess the one good thing with the delay is I was able to remove the backordered part from my order today because I can reuse the parts from my original setup. Order still hasn't shipped, however.

Freakin 88 degress here tomorrow, and I have no ballast system to speak of because I ripped out the old in anticipation of the new......LAST WEEK!! Of course, my windows are still with the tint guy though But who needs windshields to surf @ 10.7mph? Ballast on the other hand....

Thanks for letting me rant, now back to my beer

Ask for Jason, hopefully he can get you going in the right direction. If memory serves me right, I did run into a shipping problem with them as well. Keep calling them and they will come through for you, sorry you are having problems. Good news is, you can install this entire system in one day no problem.

And if it makes you feel any better, I have been expecting my new guidepole covers/rub rail for my swim platform for over two weeks from Viper Customs. They just informed me yesterday they never sent it and just today I finally got a tracking number that it has been shipped!
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

I guess we shouldn't have waited until the last minute... huh?

I've been dealing with Jason since day 1, but just needed to vent last night. I got an email about midnight that my order had shipped, although UPS isn't showing a record of it yet, so we shall see.

80's all weekend, I better get out there
    2005 Supra Launch 22ssv - yellow/black

Dont worry its only March!!! You have plenty of time left to get out on the water... did you ever end up getting your windows back?
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV