Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Only March??? I can't believe it's ALREADY March, heck, now April. Time flies as you age

Ballast order is on the way, UPS shows it in Nevada, so hopefully I'll have it to install this weekend.

No windows yet. I spoke with the dealer on Friday, and they said they'd be done Monday. Monday and Tuesday came and went, so I called this afternoon. Apparently the tint guy took them to his shop over the weekend, and they haven't heard from him yet. I wonder if I should start watching craigslist for my windshields?
    2005 Supra Launch 22ssv - yellow/black

Now we're cooking with gas!

Default Tsunami 800 Price

For all you penny pinchers out there like me I found the Tsunami 800 for $25 this weekend at Academy Sports!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Zach
    05 Launch 21V

Scott,

Be careful using that black bilge line, it kinks real easy.... I dont know why they did not sell you the ribbed stuff, its a lot more durable and easier to work with.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

I think you may be confusing the hose in the picture with another product, as even our standard hose is pretty resistant to kinking (it's got an internal rib to resist crushing and kinking). It's certainly not as tough as the premium hose we carry, but is more the sufficient for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    I think you may be confusing the hose in the picture with another product, as even our standard hose is pretty resistant to kinking (it's got an internal rib to resist crushing and kinking). It's certainly not as tough as the premium hose we carry, but is more the sufficient for the job.
    That hose looks alot like the stock stuff that came with my boat, hopefully its a more upgraded version than skiers choice used. I would always have problems draining the bags because of the line kinking.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

The hose is very similar to the OEM ballast hose in my boat. It was flexible and easy to route, and I don't think I'll have a problem with kinking. The hardest part was getting the fittings pushed in to the hoses', tore my hands up.

The system is all complete, and has been through a few lake tests. Everything seems to be working great. The only thing I'd like to change is the drain pump locations. I installed them so they have direct connect with the bags, instead of in the engine compartment, for more consistent and reliable draining of the bags. To preserve room in the rear lockers, I installed them on the front of the bag, up against the rear seat. Now the bags don't completely empty, whereas, I used to be able to get the last bit of water out of the bags while driving. It's not that big of deal, I just unhook the rear bag vent and roll the bag up like a towel to get the remaining water out and allow the compartment floor to dry from the days events. I'll try it this way for the summer, and re-assess the situation during the break in the season from Dec-Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottnAz View Post
    The hose is very similar to the OEM ballast hose in my boat. It was flexible and easy to route, and I don't think I'll have a problem with kinking. The hardest part was getting the fittings pushed in to the hoses', tore my hands up.

The system is all complete, and has been through a few lake tests. Everything seems to be working great. The only thing I'd like to change is the drain pump locations. I installed them so they have direct connect with the bags, instead of in the engine compartment, for more consistent and reliable draining of the bags. To preserve room in the rear lockers, I installed them on the front of the bag, up against the rear seat. Now the bags don't completely empty, whereas, I used to be able to get the last bit of water out of the bags while driving. It's not that big of deal, I just unhook the rear bag vent and roll the bag up like a towel to get the remaining water out and allow the compartment floor to dry from the days events. I'll try it this way for the summer, and re-assess the situation during the break in the season from Dec-Jan.
    Hey Scott, great job. I did the same with the drain pumps, except I have mine off the back of them and it works great, I can get about 95% of the water out of the bags. Getting them out of the heated engine compartment is a great idea, and if one takes a dump they are very easy to replace this way.

Heres a couple pics of the rear drains and the flexible upgraded line I really like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Travis -- (I see your shower in there!)

Did you wrap those hose clamps with tape or something? Those look like a BAG slicer in
    these pictures ...
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by tg0824SSVGG View Post
    Travis -- (I see your shower in there!)

Did you wrap those hose clamps with tape or something? Those look like a BAG slicer in
    these pictures ...
    They are wrapped with some heavy duty black gorilla tape, still not happy with the results, ran them all last year with no wraps and did not have any problems. The lower ones are turned so nothing sharp can touch any of the bags. I thought about ordering the clamps/tool and re-doing them, just have not had the time to get to it.... probably will be my winter time project this year.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV