Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TS6M World Championship Edition Differances?

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the forum, I was just wondering if anyone had any info on the differances in the 1987 Comp TS6M "Wold Championship Edition" and a regular Comp TS6M.

We have had this boat since 89' and I dont really see to many older Supras around my area, just wondering if its anything worth being excited about or if its just a label on the boat.

I know a few things were not included on these, such as a rear seat and a stereo system. The boat has a 351W PCM engine. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'll post some pics when I get a chance aswell.

Thanks,

Edit

Here's a couple pics of my baby.

Last edited by r6xxer; 08-03-2009 at 06:48 PM.

cant answer your question but great looking boat

Yeah those are some great shots!!! Love it when there's another addtion to the Canadian Supra scene here in the forum....I'm just speculating , but I think you may have answered your own question, Worlds edition back in the '80's might have meant, bare bones....enough room for the driver spotter and zero extra ballast.....The ultimate no wake slalom course boat....
    My Conbrio would be a little heavier than your Ts6m ( 3-400 LBS more) and with the wakeplate down the wake is almost non existant, I can't imagine how small it would be without that added weight......These boats came before wakeboarding......
    Yours looks awesome!!!!
    90 Conbrio

I love the rainbow colors. I would want to know what differences the boat had also, but who cares. It is special, do not change anything on it.

Thumbs up

Well im not to sure myself on differences, I have an 84' Ts6m Comp and really the only thing i noticed was the rear seating not being there, which would be good to add extra ballast if you wanted..All in all the boat is identical and am glad to see another proud owner of a comp!

Love the rainbow and the rear view mirror..... looks great!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by saltare inverts View Post
    I love the rainbow colors. I would want to know what differences the boat had also, but who cares. It is special, do not change anything on it.
    Don't plan on changing anything, I love it the way it is. It's actually my dads boat (he bought it in '89) but I have been doing most of the upkeep and usage for the past 4 years or so.

The only thing we changed, was the addition of the stereo, which is nice to have when you're relaxing on the water, otherwise its just been maintainence and such. I replaced all the fuel lines and pump, and gave the carb an overhaul last year, but this year it's in need of a steering system (which was due about 2 years ago) heh.

Anyways thanks for the comments guys!

The standard TS6M vent windows did not open. I lucked up and found some for my 87. They are a nice touch in hot weather. Is your engine the 240HP or the 260HP?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rickr; 08-04-2009 at 01:30 PM.

the red and blue trim on the white was only available on the limted edition every thing else you could get on the ts6m

Quote Originally Posted by rickr View Post
    The standard TS6M vent windows did not open. I lucked up and found some for my 87. They are a nice touch in hot weather. Is your engine the 240HP or the 260HP?
    I honestly couldn't tell you if it's the 260HP or 240HP, is there any way to tell?

And yes, those vent windows are definetly great on a hot day, ours came with them

Love you boat btw, and I'm very envious of the back seat, ours has to "cushions" that snap to the floor in the back, and thats about all supra provided for rear seating on that, theres also another place for one more "cushion" directly behind the drivers seat.