Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Please take some photos and add some arrows to where the problem area is. Between everyone on the forum this should be very EZ to remidy. Lots of hull knowledge here between all of us.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

I would like to see pictures as well. I am going to look at a 2005 21V this weekend and would like to know where to look for this problem.

Not sure if I still have any pictures of it still, but just push on the the bottom of the ski locker where the front ballast bag is. You'll hear squishing of water under it. I've had my dealer pump out the water and reseal, but still have the problem one season later. I'm seriously thinking the access panel is the way to go, so you can easily vac it out every time it happens.
    2006 Supra Launch 21V

I have a 2008 Supra Launch 21V. Would this issue exist on the '08 model as well? Are they the same hull molds?

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

Some pics would be great as I have a 2006 21 V Launch and I would like to clarify the area in question. Is everyone referring to the ski locker on the front left hand side and the floor which has the battery sitting on it, as some people are referring to under the front ballast bag which is in the middle and has no floor over it as it looks to be the back side of the hull.
    Also if it is the area under the battery could water be getting in under the floor on the driver side aswell as it looks to be identicle in construction. I will be looking at mine tomorrow to see if I have a problem aswell.

I'll try to get out to the boat tonight and take pictures. The guys on the Moomba site have it pretty well documented with some videos on YouTube. I was nervous as heck checking mine, but it looks like it has already been fixed by the original owner and seems to be dry as a bone. He lived pretty close to Maryville so I think he may have had SC take a look at it. I'll post the link for the Moomba pages ( they have 39 pages of activity, mostly customers not pleased with how SC handled it, but in the end I've heard of no one's boat being sunk or adverse effects ), my pics, and the YouTube video that shows the detail of where to check and what was done. Hope that helps.

John

Apex, NC

My 2006 must have this also. I noticed years ago the floor was squishy under the front ballast bag and never gave much thought to it. I hope it can't cause any problems because I really don't have to have to cut a hole in there and suck water out every time we take the boat out.

Sorry everyone if I've been late in getting pics up. I've only brought the boat out in the sun twice and each time I forget to take pics of the area impacted. It looks like my boat was previously worked on by Skier's Choice to remedy the problem or I've just been lucky so far. But here is the discussion ( 39 pages of blog entries ) on the Moomba site.

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showt...ubfloor/page35

I'm headed out to the boat this weekend so I'll post some pics after I get more details. Sorry that its been so long since my last post.

JY

Apex, NC

Default 05 21v serious problem

Water trapped under floor = extra ballast!

Sent from my iPhone
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV. Full Exile System. Can you hear me now?

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Water trapped under floor = extra ballast!

Sent from my iPhone
    I kinda always wondered why they never did something like this from the factory. I mean it hasn't hurt anything over the past years, what's it gonna do being stuck in there for another decade?