Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well that's kinda what I was thinking. That is how the guys in Dallas got the water out the first time. They sealed it back up and said they fixed the leak too. Now its back in there and I need to try and find where its coming from.

Does anyone know if there is a way it could be getting down there from inside the boat?
    Or does it sound like its getting in from the lake?

If water is leaking past an outside flange and getting in-between the hull layers. How in the world am I supposed to see that!?

I'm having the same problem in an 04SSV. It's been sitting for about a year while I was gone (in storage) so I'm wondering if it's possible whatever sealant they use has finally failed. I'm at a loss at how to find where it's coming from but when i push on the front ski locker floor it's obvious it's full of water. I had a leak in the prop shaft seal but corrected it. There was a decent amount of water that came in from that so I guess it's possible that's where mine came from (assuming that part of the hull is the same as under the front ski locker). My next step is to put the boat at a pretty decent nose-up angle to see if I can get it to the back where the bilge is.

Raising the nose won't help. Once water gets in there its pretty much trapped. Even when it runs to the back it is still under the floor where the bilge pump sits. I called and spoke with Doug at Supra, he said the only way to get the water out is to cut a hole in the floor of the ski locker, remove any foam insulation that's there and pump out the water. He recommended installing a access panel in case it happens again. In my case he thinks one of the drains that let's water pass from the ski locker to the back of the boat may be leaking water down into the hull. I would have to remove the fuel tank to try to fix. For now I'm just gonna do the access port and monitor how much I have to pump out every time I use the boat.

Ok so I picked up a access pannel like the one pictured in this thread at my local marine store. 6 inch for $8. Yesterday I cut a hole in the bottom of the ski locker and found that there is about 1 to 2 inches of space between the floor and the foam insulation. The water was between the 2. I sucked out about 5 gallons of water with the shop vac. I did not remove any of the foam, it seems pretty thick like it goes to the bottom of the hull. I don't think there is water under there but not sure. Installed the access pannel with silicone and stanless steel screws from Lowe's. Pretty easy really, put masking tape on floor and traced around the panel with sharpie, then cut out with jig saw.

Does anyone know if there is space under the foam for water to get into? From what Doug at supra said I expected the water to be under the foam not on top. I don't want to remove more material than is necessary.

I just got my 05 21v out of the barn on saturday and read this thread on sunday, I was working on the boat today and I checked to see if I have this problem, and I do...
    It seemed to me like the ski locker floor is a porus material and I think the water seeps through after a rain storm. And it looked like the locker floor may have been cut open and repaired for this problem once already.
    I guess I'm gonna cut a hole to get the shop vac hose in there, which I really don't want to do but I suppose a little hole is better then having water trapped in there forever and ever

Man I posted this so long ago I thought I was the only supra owner with this issue, it gives me relief to know that my boat isn't the only one with this problem. Sounds like a design flaw from Supra. Has anyone tried to dig out the foam under the ski locker? If so how much is there and is it possible to fit a pump in to remove the water?

Just discovered I have the same issue in my 2006 21V. Going to the boat show to see what they say. I found that once I was cleaning out the ski locker that some water was leaking back into it from two what appear to be plugs in the flooring and covered with a clear sealer. I'm going to the boat show this week to address this with the owners of the dealership. Sounds liek the access port may be the way to go. Also thought about drilling a small hole in the floor and using my oil removing pump to remove the water and then reseal it up.

I took a few pics and I'll try to post them to show where the water is leaking back up from under the flooring.
    2006 Supra Launch 21V

Dang it, looks like I have the same thing on my 06. Where did you cut the hole? Any photos?

I still haven't corrected mine but would be interested in seeing how other people have done it with some pics. My ski locker bottom seems to almost be bulging due to the amount of water in there but I did have a hell of a lot of rain over the last week (boat was in driveway with cover on it). When I hit the bilge pump, it kicked out a lot of water so I know plenty got in the boat and I think it's not stopping at the bilge but getting below the ski locker. Anyone have any luck with a dealership seeing this as a defect and correcting it on a boat NOT under warranty?

I'm thinking mine may be coming in from the bow right where the ski locker floor meets the hull at the very front. There seems to be a gap but not sure if it is competely sealed behind it. If that's not it, I'll check out the drain port at the back of the ski locker but there really isn't any way to test it that I can think of.

On another note, oil is changed, new impeller, new plugs, and new prop shaft seal...she's ready for the water this weekend!

Any pics of this? Bazaar. Is the he cut in the floor of the ski locker or in a divider between front and back. (Ya I really un-burried this thread
    2005 Supra 21V towed by 2013 Ram 4x4 Mega Cab Cummins.