Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unbelievable. I have a problem with an 02 Susport 21V and it sounds like brand new Supras are still coming off the line with play in the platform. I am in agreement that any play at all will cause undue stress on the brackets and transom. Sounds like a crap design.

I don't have any pics, but I'm going down to the boat now to inspect...more soon.

Ok, I just went down and took a good look. There is about an 1/8 gap in the top of the cleat on the boat where the swim platform fits in. In other works, about 1/8" gap at the top of the female part of the connection. The platform is actually pivoting where the 3 quick release pins go through the cleats. This 1/8" translates to a real sloppy connection and a whole lot of bangin' when we are anchored down...

Someone mentioned putting bolts through where the quick release pins go though. On my boat, my pins actually fit pretty good and the real problem is with the gap in the cleat.

So, on my boat at least, I can tell that if I somehow shim up that gap when I put the platform on, I should get rid of the problem...the trick will be doing it so I can still take the platform off in the fall for storage.

Geez, had to go out with a jacket on...57 degrees and wind in Northern Wisconsin today...and yes I'm pissed off about Farve.

I've had some really nice black MIL-SPEC rubber gasketing (w/ a self adhesive backing) material in the past that I have used for rubbing parts on my duck boat. I bet if we could get a 3/32” – 7/64” thick piece of that in the gap you could be set. I think I understand the area you are talking about, but a picture sure would help out a great deal!
    I plan on being up in the Crandon area for the Labor Day weekend do you ever make it that way?
    Farve is a lost soul, best to leave that one alone…

I have an '08 Sunsport 22V and I noticed I also have about 1/8" of play in the platform. When my ballast is full it gets worse because the platform is under water and wants to float up which causes it to move every time the boat has any movement.

If anyone has any ideas how to tighten this up please let me know. All the pins look good, just a poor design with some slop.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

I would send [email protected] an email and see what they recommend. (No sarcastic comments!)
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

As tech said, mine came with some rubber pads on the brackets to isolate one from the other- no noise or movement at all!

I love solving challenges like this... Problem is .... No pictures!
    85 Supra Sunsport
    Doing complete Trailer up Resto.
    51% Complete

I'm back. Last time I was in the boat I took some toilet shims with me...they are wedge shaped and use under toilets to level them out. They also have little grooves cut in them. Kids wanted to swim so we floated in the middl of the lake. I pressed 2 of them in the cleat gaps and the problem was solved...absolutely no play, bangin', and me being annoyed. Going down to take pics now and will post them soon.

Now, I'm not sure this is the best solution,, but if you fill the gap in the cleat with something it does work and I seriously doubt there is any more stress on the cleat. If anything the weight should be distributed better to all the cleats when shimmed.

Fish
    02 Sunsport 22V-Roswell Tower

Ok, here a pick of a cleat without the toilet shim and on with the shim.

I think if there was some hard rubber with adhesiive back that you could stick in the gap it would be perfect. I think something that stick would be perfect because I lost one shim by the time I got home.[ATTACH]DSC_11400002.jpg[/ATTACH]

(I never attached anything to one of these messages before...I used the paperclip above) If I'm doing this wrong, please tell me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DSC_11400002.jpg

the thumbnail on previous post did not work so here's another one of the shim