Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

ok, if thunbnail doesn't open when you click on it...right click and then click open link. That should work.

Fish
    02 Sunsport 22V-Roswell Tower

When I went out to try to take a picture yesterday, I couldn't figure out
    how to show what I was seeing with a still picture.

From what I can tell, the hole on the "platform" part of the quick release is
    bigger than the hole on the "boat" part of the release. The pin is "nearly snug"
    on the part attached to the boat, but there was like an 1/8 of an inch I could
    push the platform upwards (maybe less than that) - before the "platform"
    part of the mount would be stopped by that pin. By pushing it up, it would
    then also be able to move "away from the boat (I think the mount is tapered
    - to allow for a snug fit when all the way down). By being able to move it "up",
    it then gets lots of play - which causes the "noise" and movement.

To me - the solution is PROBABLY to make the hold on the boat-side- bracket (this
    is the outer part when the paltform is on the boat) match the
    hole on the platform part - then have a pin/bolt that is the same size.

However, I didn't notice if there is enough material there to be worried if you
    were to drill this out. I think the shim's will probably be a short-term
    solution -

Not sure what I will do yet - probably nothing until the season is over.

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

I gotcha Todd. I guess you could drill a second set of hole, but at least on my boat, you would still have a metal on metal connection...any play at all will probably make some noise. I'm going with some hard rubber in that 1/8" gap and I'm convinced that will do the trick...I just have to find the right stuff.

Dude, you have one sweet looking boat.

Fish

Thanks - we think so too!

Fishman,

Do you get those toilet shims at your local hardware store (Lowes, Home Depot)? That looks like a pretty easy fix, did you have to pound them in with a mallet to make them not pop up?

Todd,

I have the same issue on my boat, the platform bracket hole is larger than the mounting hole which is causing the 1/8" upward movement. It looks like Fishman has come up with a pretty easy fix, dont know how long term it will be, but for now its cheap and easy. I think I am going to give it a go.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Not a lot of planning went into this fix...I opened a few drawers of my toolbox and saw those toilet shims...family was waiting for me at the boat so I went down and just pressed them in with thumb as hard as I could...on disappeared after awhile and the other one is still in there after 4 good rides.

So, if you knock em in with a rubber mallet they might just stay in for the summer...not sure. But it's a real easy fix.

Yes, got the shims at hardware store(ace). Just as for Toilet shims and I think they come 3-4 to a pack for cheap.

good luck and let me know how it goes...You will be amazed the first time you are just floating with the lack ca-chunk, ca-chunk from the back end.

Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    Not a lot of planning went into this fix...I opened a few drawers of my toolbox and saw those toilet shims...family was waiting for me at the boat so I went down and just pressed them in with thumb as hard as I could...on disappeared after awhile and the other one is still in there after 4 good rides.

So, if you knock em in with a rubber mallet they might just stay in for the summer...not sure. But it's a real easy fix.

Yes, got the shims at hardware store(ace). Just as for Toilet shims and I think they come 3-4 to a pack for cheap.

good luck and let me know how it goes...You will be amazed the first time you are just floating with the lack ca-chunk, ca-chunk from the back end.

Fish
    Going tomorrow to pick some up, I am going to pound them in with a rubber mallet to see if they will stay in for awhile. Sent a mesage to Rob Loucks (sp?) a few days ago about this and have heard nothing back from him (again).
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Thumbs up

Fish, good work with the wedges!

I pounded a couple in today with a hammer in the swim deck today, I can't budge it now. It will be interesting how long they will stay in. If they dont fall out I think this might be a great $3 fix. Time will tell.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

What if you need to remove the platform? - I don't remove it often, but I do occasionally.