Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What Todd says. Boat bright every time boat comes out of the water. He's right about a week at powell. The water is so hard spot solver works great. I dilute it 50/50 with water and it still works great. Doesn't strip as bad either. I also use 3m high preformace paste wax as my hull is also black. Best wax I've found and comes off easy too.
    Quote Originally Posted by tg0824SSVGG View Post
    If you mix Windex in - I think it does (water/vinegar).

Babes spot solver MIGHT _ I only need to use it after being in the water
    for an extended period, like when I go to Lake Powell for a week.

I use Babe's boat bright each and every time I pull the boat, and at least 2 times
    a year, I put on a coat of "Nautical Ease" - it's not wax, it's silicone based - and
    it DOES NOT come off with any of these products.

This stuff goes on SUPER EASY - and sure makes for a slick, shiny - beautiful surface,
    I only wish I had found it years ago.

http://www.nauticalease.com/products/ultimate.htm

Todd

A good friend of mine who is just as detailed about his boat said this worked real well. I'm probably going to try it. He said it doesn't strip his wax:

http://boatbling.net/products/boat-b...uct/hot-sauce/

I use Collinite wax on the boat. I have a PorterCable Polisher so I can put on a coat of wax in about 30 minutes, and then wipe it off. So the boat gets waxed all the time I use fleetwax as well for even speedier coverages.

I normally just wipe off the water spots with a towel as soon as the boat comes out. But on hot days I need some sort of spray assistance. I'm going to try the Hot Sauce.

I have good friends that love the hot sauce, but have never been at a place like Lake Powell -- it may be good where you are, it may not be. BUT his boat is always BEAUTIFUL and shiny.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

So what do you guys think of the hot sauce? Says it doesn't strip the wax. I called Babes last year and thery said spot solver doesn't strip wax but even with my mixing it with water 50/50 I think it does strip the wax.

I think I'm going to try it. I've tried a lot of others. My biggest gripe is not only wax stripping, but residual streaking. A couple of things have required me to do two wipe downs just to get the streaks off.

I wax with maguires and then use their spot remover as needed throughout the season.
    Wipe down the boat after every use.
    At seasons end I wash the boat with CLR mixed in water , rinse and towel dry to an amazing shine.
    Yes it strips the wax but as I am putting it away for the season I want to put a fresh coat of wax on anyway!