Default 1986 Supra Comp ts6m - Electrical/Distributor Issue

My Supra will start and idle, but when I run it all out it goes about half speed and stalls quickly.

I replaced the plugs, distributor cap and roter. No luck.

I then decided to replace the wires. After doing this I noticed that I was getting no spark on positions 1 and 2 between the cap and the wires. But I was on 3 through 8.

If I push and apply pressure to the side of the distributor cap I get spark on positions 1 and 2 and the rpms pick up. I tried it with the old distributor cap and old roter and had the exact same issue.

Anyone know what would be the cause? Do I have a bent distributor? Is it the timing? Readjust the points?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Default no spark

couple things first, did it run right before or did it just start this problem? have you ck'd the voltage at the coil or at the dist? you can crank the motor over with no cap should beable to see if you have a bent dist, but i think you will find you have a bad capacitor. good luck

have you thought about changing ever to the electronic ignition ?

thanks for the reply comeoninracing

the problem started at the end of last year, a couple weeks before i pulled it out of the water for the winter. it continued on this year.

i will check the capacitor next.

jasonba1

that was brought up this summer. if i cannot get this figured out by next summer i will be looking into it more seriously.

thanks

it seems like skidim.com had on it on cleareance under 70 bucks if I remember right a while back