View Poll Results: Satisfaction Poll

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Completely Satisfied, First choice next buy.

73 46.20%
  • Generally satisfied, would consider again.

66 41.77%
  • Generally dissatisified, would consider again.

9 5.70%
  • Generally dissatisfied, would not consider again.

7 4.43%
  • Totally dissatisfied, never reconsider.

3 1.90%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Replying to Topic 'Satisfaction Poll'

O.K. Not tha this will help my cause bu I will NEVER buy another Supra boat again due to the quaility of work to $$$$$ ratio. I bought a 04 LAUNCH LTS last year and have nothing but problems. The dealer said it is Supra dragging their feet to O.K. the repairs and good luck getting good service after they have got you money. You want the list hear it goes.

1. The rear sun deck brock at the hinged on the first week out.
    2. The deck was mounted in a bind so the cover ripped a 3 inch run down the side.
    3. The speakers sound like crap and one blew the first weekend!!!
    4. The Bertha Ballast NEVER works or works when your just driving down the lake.
    5. The front fat sack fills up on it own and cracked the fiberglass when it put the ice
    cooler in a bind.
    6. The trailer had a screw head rubbing a HOLE in the side of my boat as a drove
    down the street. (new glass and gel coat)
    7. Screws working through the int. and coased holes in the covers.
    8. Some af the crome pieces are discolored and so not match the same pieces less
    than one inch apart.
    9. Had to take the boat to a MB dealer to get the ballast system worked on because
    the sacks would fill up with water and then not empty so we would have to take them
    apart and drain them into the boat.
    10. The list of the smaller stuff goes on and on but one last detail is they have had my
    boat for 2 months and still can not give me a date as to when they can have it
    back to me all repaired!!!!!

Very unhappy boat owner

Originally posted by jebhemi

O.K. Not that this will help my cause but I will NEVER buy another Supra boat again due to the quaility of work to $$$$$ ratio. I bought a 04 LAUNCH LTS last year and have had nothing but problems. The dealer said it is Supra dragging their feet to O.K. the repairs and good luck getting good service after they have gotten your money. You want the list hear it goes...

1. The rear sun deck broke at the hinge on the first week out.
    2. The deck was mounted in a bind so the cover ripped a 3 inch run down the side.
    3. The speakers sound like crap and one blew the first weekend!!!
    4. The Bertha Ballast NEVER works or only fills when your driving down the lake.
    5. The front fat sack fills up on its own and cracked the fiberglass when it put the ice
    cooler in a bind.
    6. The trailer had a screw head rubbing a HOLE in the side of my boat as I drove
    down the street. (new glass and gel coat)
    7. Screws working through the interior and caused holes in the covers.
    8. Some af the crome pieces are discolored and do not match the same pieces less
    than one inch away.
    9. Had to take the boat to a MB dealer to get the ballast system worked on because
    the sacks would fill up with water and then not empty so we would have to take them
    apart and drain them into the boat.
    10. The list of the smaller stuff goes on and on but one last detail is they have had my
    boat for 2 months and still can not give me a date as to when they can have it
    back to me all repaired!!!!!

Very unhappy boat owner

I bought my 04 LTS (comp) last year. I am very pleased with the boat and I am a very picky buyer. Yes I have ahd a few things that bugged me, but I don't think I'm ever completely satisfied with anything. I really should have bought a less expensive boat- maybe Moomba or used something, but we went all out.
    I comparred all the brands. MC, CC, & Malibu were nice but too expensive. The LTS had everything they had for a lot less. Tige..Ughh the switch thing was appealing price wise, but when I sat in it lost any appeal quickly. I skied one just after the boat show and unless you ski super shortline the wake was not so great. 15- 28 (my range) were hard. I like the Centurion T5 . Price was hard to beat, it looked good and I skied it and found it excellent, but fit and finish I found cheap. Moombas look much nicer in my opinion. The CC closed bow is not practical if you have kids and the rest of their line up I find less attractive ( not ugly...), very well made though.
    When it came down to it the features that were standard on the LTS were extra on most of the others. Got to pay those sponsored skiers I guess etc. The LTS is a very pretty boat. I am very pleased with the quality. Fit and finish of mine is as good as any boat I have been in. I look at ski boats all the time, sort of obsessed with them. Wake performance is excellent- 22 off is hard to complain about when you've skied older designs that will give you a heck of a jolt. I pull guys well into short line (35-38 consistenly) and they love the wake or lack there of. Spray is not an issue. I have the 320 HP, would have liked to get the 340, but there is more than enough power. I love how it drives. It tracks very well. You hardly feel the skier.
    I had a couple of minor issues since I have had it. My dealer dealt with them promptly. Decal, tonneau tear at a snap. Both replaced no porblems.
    If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably search the same way. Test everything and see what I like. I would certainly be favourable to Supra, but when that happens I wonder if anyone will be making ski boats anymore.

My baby is a red '92 Mariah. She's 13 years old and i still love her. All she needs is a little TLC every spring and she never stops.
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown

Older Supras are better than the new ones, all of the new features are problem prone, I have heard nothing but bad from all of the perfect-pass crap.

If you can get an older Supra with a 351 Windsor, Airguide contralog speedos, and no ding-aling features, you will be happy. All boats will have screws loosening up, and these boats are NOT made for rough water, ever.

I own a 1992 Supra Marauder (with the 351 Windsor engine ) with around 900 hours on the clock, and i couldn't be happier. The boat looks like new, engine runs flawlessly, the (wooden) floor is still rocksolid, no cracks in the hull, and nothing rattles or something. I would definatly buy a Supra again!

Only problems i've had so far:
    1 little tear in the upholstery, because my friends keep on standing on the rearseat.
    Defective starter relay, went to the junkyard and got myself a new one for a couple of Euro's (yes i'm from Europe).

Pic of my boat:

I get lots of compliments on my nearly new (140 hours) 1988 comp. I paid $9500 for it with 100 hours (previous owner died, wife kept in garage)

I am sure I would never pay 60k for a ski boat, even if I had the extra money, I would buy a gekko or more than likely, another unused Supra or Moomba.

YA YA QQ MORE....

This boat (21v) Is one of the best boats you can just walk into a dealership and walk out without thiking twice. I have been on lakes from age 1. I would not trade this boat for 50K in the bank and a mastercraft. Supra, great job on a killer boat. What a team you have there, just keep the fun coming. We will keep on buying.

One thing to change though. Your dealers that sell the boats, need to know more about them then the people buying them. AND WTF, missing cleats in the front of the 21V... Oh well i just picked up 3 more and put them in. 30 min later and we were off the the lake.

Ducken

Oh ya, what is it with dealerships only putting in 5 gallons of gas?

Proud owner of a 2006 white 21V

sittingduck, i've got to agree about the gas from the dealership. On my maiden voyage that stuff was so bad that I thought we were going to be stranded, but finally the fresh stuff got in there and it ran great.

I bought a 05 SSV 22 and it has been overall very nice. All of our friends with other brand comp boats give it praise all the time. I have got around 38hrs on it already and no problems that I can't take care of except 1 small gel coat crack by the front tower bar.

The dealer was really good at the sell. They also replaced a decal "launch SSv" that blew off. However since then I have emailed them 4 times and called once trying to get a price on a tower mirrow and have yet to hear back from them with a price.

Hopefully they are not one of those "we have you money, now go"

Doug t-town

ps, Brian Raymond has been wonderful about answering my question when needed, and I just want to give him praise. He does a great job representing Skier's Choice.

Myturndad I have found it is easier to find a hour person to talk to about parts. When you go back to the sales person who sold you the boat they are just looking for the next $30K+ sale. Get your hands on a hourly person and you are set.

I also use www.overtons.com and www.barts.com to try and find what I am looking for.

Ducken