Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 2002 LAUNCH SS OWNER View Post
    jonyb> seeing we are talking about wet sounds, what do you think about wet
    sound ws420 amp controller with p/a mike.I have 3 amps in my boat,one for tower,one for 6 speakers in boat,and one for sub. It rocks pretty good, but I was impressed with my friends ENZO with 3 amps and wet sounds amp controller/eq? which can control low/mid/high on 3 different o/ps.He does not even crank up sub because he gets unreal bass out of 6 wetsounds speakers in boat and 4 Roswell on tower, all this from one rca in from marine cd deck.

Whats your thoughts on this unit??( wakemakers has a good price on this unit, how much would you sell me one for??

Dave from the great white north>>
    I think the WS-420 is the best addition that you can make to any stereo. I'm adding one to my car stereo as soon as it arrives. It's not just an eq. It has a 5V line driver to boost the signal from the head unit, because most of the time the head unit only has 2V of pre-amp output voltage. It has a mic that when engaged, mutes the tower speakers, and only plays through the tower speakers, which is perfect for instructing riders or other nearby idiots. There's an input for external audio sources, such as ipod or other MP3 player, and there's also an output, or Boatlink, as they call it. When you're rafted up you can drop a line over to your buddy's boat and plug into his input (aux in, on most radios) and play both stereo's at the same time with a single source. Also has many other features. Check out www.wetsounds.com for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonba1 View Post
    Hey Dave I have a ws 420 and love it so nice being able to control your tower speakers and the inboats . You cant go wrong with that unit youll love it. Go through JonB to order it he will take care of you.
    Thanks Jason, it is a great piece no matter how big the stereo is.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

I won't have a boat without the WS-420 - there are only 2 things it needs, in my opinion (at this time).

* the sub channel needs to respond better to the tower speakers, not just the in-boat
    * speed controlled volume

I own 2 of these gadgets --

Last week at Powell, 2 of us actually tested the "boat link" -- it was AWESOME - I can't even
    imagine an entire party-cove full of linked systems.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Last tourney we went to had 5 boats linked together..... Wow....

Subs are classified as in-boat speakers. That's why the volume for boat and tower are separate. When you're boarding you don't hear the bass anyway, so why should the passengers have to just hear the bass while the rider hears the music? It did'nt make sense to me at first, but if you think about it, the way they built it was right.

X2 on the speed control. When people drive my boat they forget how to operate the stereo, even when I point at someone in the boat and say "you're in charge of the stereo, make sure I can hear it". they fail.
    My Install Gallery

Speed controlled volume would be amazing, especially for us older boat owner's, I'm gonna have to to do some stereo work this winter, having the HU in the glove box is not convenient to the driver at all....kinda frustrating actually....
    90 Conbrio

Use a stereo with a wired or wireless remote.
    My Install Gallery

I understand what you're saying John, but I frequently have the in-boat barely
    on, with the tower blasting. But then I have NO sub (or not noticable) - to make
    it sound good, I have to raise the volume of the in-boat speakers, then it's too loud
    in the boat. Oh well, I still love the WS-420 - so much that I have owned
    2 of them.

and Most of the time, I am driving, so the sub is "at my feet" (under the pilot cockpit is
    where it is on the 0 - so if I can't hear/feel it, then it's not doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    When people drive my boat they forget how to operate the stereo, even when I point at someone in the boat and say "you're in charge of the stereo, make sure I can hear it". they fail.
    OMG I hate this so much! I am the only one who doesn't get tunes when I ride arggggg.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Wireless remote on the ski handle???

Here's the tower speakers I have. I've had them almost 3 years now and the fiberglass has never faded and still are glossy black. Very well built. Also, if you ever damage one it's easily replaceable with the Polk speakers they use. They really sound great and AudioFormz has had great customer service.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Polk-6x9-Wakeboa...QQcmdZViewItem

I just found and ordered a pair of these speaker covers for 'em. You can't beat the price. Thought I'd pass this along.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wakeboard-Tower-...d=p4999.c0.m14

Scott
    2006 Supra Launch 21V

Like this? (from the UK)

http://www.yachtgrot.com/acatalog/Ma...on_Cables.html

Marine Av RF Keyfob Remote - White

Ref: MAV-RF01W

Price: £98.95

Quantity:

Please Choose aType

RF (Radio Frequency Remote controls are available for different head units, there are 2 different types; fully transportable floating type with mounting clip and Steering wheel mount type; and these again are available in 2 colours, Black & White. Being "RF" the remote controls will operate a great lengths from the CD head unit (up to 50m) and will operate through any material, so no "line of sight" operation is required as like IR (Infra Red) type remotes.

Note: The mounting clip for the "non Steering wheel type" has a bevelled mounting clip allowing the unit to be mounted to: a water ski rope handle, stainless poles, stanchions etc....

When you purchase this unit you will get a small receiver that plugs directly into the back of the head unit (where the standard remote control would usually plug in). PLEASE ENSURE YOUR HEAD UNIT IS REMOTE COMPATIBLE!