Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Default My 86 Supra sunsport build thread !!

Well this boat proved to me its worthy of putting some money into it so here it goes from start to finish,, That is when ever it gets finished! 350 hours - 351 - SMP trailer was hammerd and it has 2 soft spots n the floor so I used it till the end of summer and put some serious hours into re fabing the trailer with new metal, fenders, wood, carpet, led lighting, base coat/clear and i am in search for some aftermarket wheels!!

We purchased it mid august just to see if we liked inboards and turns out it was like driving a corvette on water compared to my celebrity status 201 cuddy, anyway

NOTICE that Beat up trailer!! It took me about 300$ in steel and another $200 in led lighting + new wiring + new rollers + base coat/Clear coat and looks good as new now, Just need to upgrade the wheels and tires! We had to cut off both sides completly and fab the new metal in presses, Grind-Weld-Primer- Paint and purchased new fenders! All in All everything worked out great!

Last edited by dshaff24; 01-30-2010 at 10:09 AM.

So I just took it to my work to winterize it and all of the sudden I tore all the interior out lol

Last edited by dshaff24; 01-30-2010 at 09:57 AM.

motor seems to be really clean with no oil leaks!

Well thats all this weekend, Im dropping the interior off this week to get redone and I stripped most of the parts off the upper section of the boat, Next time I get it over the shop Ill be tearing the floor up and prepping for paintwork!

MY PLAN: Paint upper section white mid section blue and bottom stripe black, New Decals, new interior, New stereo, polk db tower speakers,led lighting, fog tower lights, new carpet , powdercoat window frame and tint glass, New gauges, new steering wheel, Removing Teak wood etc etc balasts will be decided as i tear into it
    Last edited by dshaff24; 11-05-2009 at 02:43 AM.

This is what the end of boat season looks like @ tygart lake wv

Last edited by dshaff24; 05-10-2010 at 09:41 PM.

No soft spots in the floor? Personally I would do a couple other major items before I painted her lol like dual battery with SurePower seperator relay, board racks, mirror and ballast. Ballast project can get spendy quick. Lots of parts add up. I mean naturally if its in the budget, all those things are gonna look SIICK! Personally I've gotta play it pretty tight. Stereo bumps but I worked to keep the price down a lot. Lookin good!
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Quote Originally Posted by 87SunSportMikeyD View Post
    No soft spots in the floor? Personally I would do a couple other major items before I painted her lol like dual battery with SurePower seperator relay, board racks, mirror and ballast. Ballast project can get spendy quick. Lots of parts add up. I mean naturally if its in the budget, all those things are gonna look SIICK! Personally I've gotta play it pretty tight. Stereo bumps but I worked to keep the price down a lot. Lookin good!
    Yeah there is 2 soft spots that need fixed, I think im just going to redo the entire floor since Ive got it this far! I bought board racks and wake surf rack + new wakeskate and wake surf boards which I keep near my computer to motivate me over the winter to get this project done!

Oh and epoxy boards (inland surfer, phase5) will fit in most standard board racks but foam boards (LF custom, Shred Stixx, etc) will only fit in dedicated surf rack.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Default interior

So what are your plans for the interior ballast and such. I like the wood they used on these boats your scrapping yours? Maybe you could send it to me especially the teak over the window frame I think that's pretty sweet. I'd like to varnish all the teak on my boat and then get a wrap that looks like wood panelling on the older vehicles, maybe get one of those grand wagoneers for it to roll behind.

Quote Originally Posted by rustey View Post
    So what are your plans for the interior ballast and such. I like the wood they used on these boats your scrapping yours? Maybe you could send it to me especially the teak over the window frame I think that's pretty sweet. I'd like to varnish all the teak on my boat and then get a wrap that looks like wood panelling on the older vehicles, maybe get one of those grand wagoneers for it to roll behind.
    Yeah I think your idea would be pretty cool actaully, As far as the teak im putting it on ebay and if it sells to someone that needs it great, IF not then ill put it up in the rafters of the garage or give it to someone for the cost of shipping, AS far as interior ballasts Ive been doing some research and plan on plumbing one into the rear locker and after I tear the floor up Ill see what I can do under there Along with up under the front storage areas! Im basically just playing it by day and with our newborn im lucky to work on it once a week!

I hear ya, I'd like to add a tower and some ballast but i've got a kid on the way and too many unfinished projects. I'll have to wait and see how things go. Good luck keep us posted.