Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

I don't think ill go TOPless down the highway again!! I swear if the motor was not in the boat it would have been a kite! Anyway off to the marina to get the stringers - floor - carpet done
    Last edited by dshaff24; 03-07-2010 at 08:57 PM.

LOL! Did you get funny looks? I know I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    LOL! Did you get funny looks? I know I did.
    Yeah
    i had people pull up next to me on the highway and look at from the front then they would drift back to get behind it then pass me lol

I didn't know you had all that other stuff for interior, that is very impressive and you are gonna be SO happy with it!! My jaw dropped once I got nearer the bottom of that list, you are really doing it right!! You got that tower for a steal! Q: Rollers on the trailer???
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Quote Originally Posted by 87SunSportMikeyD View Post
    Q: Rollers on the trailer???
    Keel Rollers I believe the term is for them, One in the front - middle - rear! I don't believe that that the boat touches the rear or middle one but it rests on the front! My boat rests on bunks which was replaced to

This is what Rot looks like!

StringerLESS SUNSPORT

Were those pics in the shop of the guy in Pittsburgh? Did he support the bottom of the hull good before removing the stringers? Everyone else I've seen do the stringer job has not removed all of the stringers at once because they don't want the hull to lose it's original shape. I would definately talk to the guy about that.
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

I shouldnt really speak for dshaft but know a little about his boat because Chris at CK fiberglass and canvas is doing my stringers as well. Dshaft had already taken his completely apart and removed all of the stringers before taking it to Chris. I know with my rebuild that Chris is doing one side at a time. so that he can ensure everything lines up and keeps structure to the hull. Not sure if he supported dshafts but Chris knows what he is doing and I am sure it will turn out very nice regardless. Chris takes a lot of pride in his work and really is good at it. Those pics I believe are in dshafts garage.
    1984 Supra Rider

Actaully I dropped it off with the stringers and motor in it so he could take measurements and he also has a carpenter come in the measure and cut out the New stringers out so its all gravy from here other then grinding the rest of whats left of the old stringer's

Last time I spoke with Chris it sounded like he had the stringers done on yours. Do you have any pics of the stringer set up yet? I wont hold it against you that yours is getting done before mine.
    1984 Supra Rider