Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Driver/copilot Rain Cover

Does anyone have a custom made cover for covering the cockpit seats?
    I see the Z5 cargo and some standard bimini mounted to the wake tower.

What I am looking at possibly having made is a cover that would mount to the bimini, but would snap to the windshield. Reason would be when we are out and the chance shower comes around, we can still drive and see.

On our I/O, we had a small bimini that would attach to the windshield and had 2 bows, and snapped to the windshield and went over the mirror. That way, during a drizzle or whatever, when the water was the calmest, we could still ride and the driver would be able to see/be comfortable.

Any ideas/pics? I don't want it for sun shade, and the std bimini looks like it sits too high to protect the driver's head, or is lower than the speakers and looks to be in the way of moving around.

We had someone come and take a look. He has an idea of what we want, and is looking to build some sort of enclosure with eisenglass that would snap to the windshield with zippers, and the 2 sides so the driver can still see.

We would then have a quick disconnect and store it under the motor area when not using. This is on a Launch 22 SSV. Just looking to see if someone else had ideas/likes/dislikes of their current set up for a rain storm. (on those days where I just misread the radar or pushed it too long).

I love my Z5, but it's not that good in rain - especially if there is any wind.

It's a sunshade, and quite good at that - but not so good at rain. (I can move to the middle, and stay a little more protected - but not a lot).

Sorry - just trying to point out that if you're expecting this protection level from a Z5, it's
    really just the same as any other "bimini" in this regard ...

I like what you're thinking about something that could ATTACH to the Z5, but at the moment,
    at least with mine - I am not sure how it could be attached to the rack. The cover "wraps around"
    the front mount - and to put snaps or something in it would make it so you can't take off the
    cloth (at least not easily) - will be interested to see what you come up with.

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

I think MC offered this as an option a few years back. Im not sure if they still do or not. I think it would be a great option and I would buy it for sure. I have lived in Louisiana and Texas for the last 10 years and afternoon summer showers are common.

Be sure to post some pics if you have one made.

Looking for something like this? These were posted on this thread over on WW.
    http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1253630093

Thanks thescott. Looks like something to start with. More along what I was asking for.

Bump. Does anyone have something like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mounted my bimini super low so that it's very similar to what you're describing. I apply rain-x to the windshield and I've driven through light rain plenty of times, no problem. We've also gone out for a slow cruise in the rain (again, pretty light) and had the bimini only, with the boat cover over the stern 2/3 of the boat. With the heat on and a blanket it was quite comfy!

What you're describing is exactly I see on most boats that belong to island-dwellers on the lake, because obviously they have to go out in the rain sometimes. If you have a good local canvas shop, I'd go with something simple from them to connect your windshield and bimini as you described. For me, by bimini is very low and it actually goes out over the windshield, just barely. Not by accident.

Nice cadunkle! Yes. Something like one on those molibu's is what I'm looking for. Do you know where I can get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were looking for that, I would find my local canvas shop and have them make it for you. I am sure they can!
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.