Default 2k9 21v Ballast winterizing

Guys Im havin a problem finding the pump on my system. Also does anyone know if it has the screen filter to? I know the 08's had them. Just not sure if I got all the water out.

2009's won't have a filter screen like the 08's. On the intake on the bottom of the boat there is a screen built in (doesn't require any maintenance). If anything happens to get through there, those pumps are pretty strong and will chew the debris right up.

All you will need to do to winterize the 09 ballast system is disconnect your bags and drain them, run the pumps in reverse for a few seconds, the run forward to flip the veins around.

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    Curious jon as to why the veins need to be flipped as its a reversible pump?
    There is some evidence that veins should be "parked" the way they will be used next (for filling in the spring) when left for extended periods of time.

You can add coating the impeller in PJ or silicon if you really want to be anal about extending their life.

I've never heard of that being a problem with the neoprene impellers that are used in the higher end Jabsco pumps, but it's probably best just to use silicone to be safe.

Good point!