Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Winterization Tips in MS Word Format with Heater

***NOTE*** I am not trying to plagerize on CAB13367.
    I copied the Winterization procedure that CAB13367 made into MS Word format for myself. I added the heater winterization process and added a checklist for materials in the front.
    ***All credit goes to CAB13367 for an excellent procedure document****

It would be great if anyone has constructive criticism.

Please use this as you will.

Please download from this link OR maybe a moderator will make the .docx file available on this website.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_r...ut=list&num=50
    Last edited by Supra_Launch21V; 11-08-2010 at 11:19 PM.

Default process for unwinterizing?

I winterized my 21v last year, first time ever, with the help of my dad and now I need to get it ready for the water. I am assuming there is no real process to unwinterize it other than to do the opposite of what i did to winterize it. I obviously will check my manuals for steps and reconnect all my hoses and lines, but wanted to check with my fellow supra owners to see if there's anything special I need to do or be on the lookout for?

Also, thanks for that doc. Ill use it this year.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

Quote Originally Posted by cigars n scotch View Post
    I winterized my 21v last year, first time ever, with the help of my dad and now I need to get it ready for the water. I am assuming there is no real process to unwinterize it other than to do the opposite of what i did to winterize it. I obviously will check my manuals for steps and reconnect all my hoses and lines, but wanted to check with my fellow supra owners to see if there's anything special I need to do or be on the lookout for?

Also, thanks for that doc. Ill use it this year.
    Yep just do the reverse, personally I reconnect everything after winterizing so all I have to do is hook up the batteries in the spring. I will however change my plugs and my fuel filter this year after I have run thru my old tank of gas
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Very nice job! Can you come to Northern California at the end of the Season and winterize my boat?

****Personal Rant ****
    To whoever thinks that the Supra and Moomba forums should be combined: Yeah occasionally the moomba forums will have a good post however they have a different crowd. I'm not saying that they suck or anything its just some of the posts over there don't make sense. I follow the Supra list because I own a Supra, I follow MC's TeamTalk because they normally have some good stuff over there and I know some of the guys over there. But I rarely glance at the Moomba pages.

I just get annoyed by some of the people over there considering that probably half the users over there don't own a Moomba. Theres a couple Nautique and yes even some Supra owners over there. For those reasons I agree with them being separate.
    '11 Supra Launch 22V

"What time is it anyway? It boat time."

Default Re: Winterizing Link-Best Post with Pics

For everyone with questions about your heaters and engines. Most manufactures state to fill the cooling system with antifreeze during cold climate storage. This does two things, keeps everything moist in the winter months and also contacts ant water tgat may be left in low spots in the block, heads, headers and heaters and keeps it from freezing. Since regular antifreeze is TOXIC I recommend using a RV winterizing antifreeze such as Camo it Walmart brand. Take the thermostat out and pump the antifreeze into the engine until you see it coming out of the exhaust. Usually a good sign that you got everything full. Try an antifreeze such as this.

http://m.acehardware.com//product/in...uctId=10753645

And remember, support your local small business!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II through Tapatalk

Something else to keep in mind... when you've finished all other winterization, spray down your block with some WD40. It helps keep from forming any surface rust.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

To each his own, but FWIW, about 20 years ago WD40 disappeared from the regular stock in the hangar (I was an avionics tech for Canadian Airlines in those days). I was told, but never verified for myself, that WD40 has a corrosive aspect to it, and since then I've never sprayed the stuff on anything I valued. I truly do not know the facts, but I figure if it's no good around air planes, I'll keep it away from my boat. Everything we used was specified for the job to be done. I would advise the use of a corrosion inhibitor. In my case, my motor has a nice thin layer of oily grime on it that does the same job YMMV

I thought I'd do a quick google and found this http://www.thehulltruth.com/sportfis...-sprays.html#b

Interestingly, the CRC is the stuff we used, and it's a top performer in the test. Also of note, Boesheild T9 which was (rather ironically) made by Boeing, was also removed from use in our hangar for purportedly similar reasons as WD40.

Quote Originally Posted by chris young View Post
    To each his own, but FWIW, about 20 years ago WD40 disappeared from the regular stock in the hangar (I was an avionics tech for Canadian Airlines in those days). I was told, but never verified for myself, that WD40 has a corrosive aspect to it, and since then I've never sprayed the stuff on anything I valued. I truly do not know the facts, but I figure if it's no good around air planes, I'll keep it away from my boat. Everything we used was specified for the job to be done. I would advise the use of a corrosion inhibitor. In my case, my motor has a nice thin layer of oily grime on it that does the same job YMMV

I thought I'd do a quick google and found this http://www.thehulltruth.com/sportfis...-sprays.html#b

Interestingly, the CRC is the stuff we used, and it's a top performer in the test. Also of note, Boesheild T9 which was (rather ironically) made by Boeing, was also removed from use in our hangar for purportedly similar reasons as WD40.
    Really? That's the first I've ever heard of that. Off to google to see what I can find. I use WD-40 for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Really? That's the first I've ever heard of that. Off to google to see what I can find. I use WD-40 for everything.
    Been spraying down entire drive train every year with no rust yet!
    Looks like new!
    Will be interested in what others have to say or what haugy discovers after his search!
    Last edited by crystal waters; 11-24-2013 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Correct spelling error