Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Very good post I would add a couple things.
    First I like to run the engine for a couple mins after the oil change to circulate the fresh oil. l would be careful with the fogging oil if you have a catalytic converter. I don't like dumping all that oil on the cat. The Fram orange oil filter is the worst on the market if you are going to use Fram get the higher end silver or gold not the orange ones. I never store my boats dry there is no way to know for sure you got all the water out. If there is a pocket of water trapped somewhere it can freeze and cause damage. Storing dry also allows the gaskets and seals to dry out and adds to the formation of rust and scale in the cooling system. Plus it only adds about 5 mins to the job to add anti freeze. Just take the hose going from the thermostat housing to the raw water pump off at the RWP turn it up stick a funnel in it and pour in the RV antifreeze until it comes out the exhaust. If you have a heater remove both hoses from the engine. I like to use a wet vac to suck the water out be careful with compressed air too much pressure can damage the heater core. After the water is removed add a funnel to one hose and pour in anti freeze until it comes out the other hose then reconnect them. I do this first before I put it in the engine. I also change the trans fluid . Here is the procedure from the PCM manual for ford direct drives the V drives are similar with a few more steps.

Just curious do the instructions have any modifications with boats from '10 & on? Seeing how the original moomba thread was started in '08 I could imagine some changes have been made to the engines... Or as long as the you're working on the indmar engines they should be close enough? I have an '11 242, with the 340 as why I'm curious. Thanks.

fog thru the spark plugs as you prob have CATs
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Thanks docdrs. I do have the cats, but good to know that's all I need.

This was a great thread, ruined by photobucket. I made a video of the process. https://youtu.be/TKCIjKWyiPA
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Still such a great post and used that write up just last night as it was my last day of the year.

Thanks for posting

New to the forum, hello everyone