Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ok why was i banned

someone banned me i'd like to know why????????????????????????
    i have never sent spam on here

Doc,

Can't remember specifically - if it was me, I am sorry - whatever was posted,
    must have looked "odd".

I probably ban 3-5 people a day that deserve to be banned, if I caught you accidentally,
    I apologize.

I too was banned from this site once - but it wasn't because of anything I said,
    I had responded to "too many" posts in one day, so it "looked like spam".

I will watch and keep an eye out - but I still have to remove (as do the other moderators) questionable posts, or the site is not valuable.

Again, sorry
    Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Default please lift the ban on docdrs i had to create docdrss to post

Quote Originally Posted by tg0824SSVGG View Post
    Doc,

Can't remember specifically - if it was me, I am sorry - whatever was posted,
    must have looked "odd".

I probably ban 3-5 people a day that deserve to be banned, if I caught you accidentally,
    I apologize.

I too was banned from this site once - but it wasn't because of anything I said,
    I had responded to "too many" posts in one day, so it "looked like spam".

I will watch and keep an eye out - but I still have to remove (as do the other moderators) questionable posts, or the site is not valuable.

Again, sorry
    Todd
    please lift my ban , i do not post spam
    docdrs....... thank you doug

I don't even know how to ban if I do see something inappropriate or spam. Do you do it yourself, or just report it somehow?

Jay,

Only a moderator can ban ... but to report something you see as spam, you can press
    the red triangle with the "!" in it and an email will be sent to all of the moderators.

Doc - it was not me that banned you - but I did lift your ban. (which explains why I didn't remember, but I do ban 3-5 people PER DAY!)

If I see anythign suspicious - or not normal, we will re-ban - but again, if this was a mistake,
    please accept apologies - it does happen.

Here's the deal tho, when we ban people - we PERMANTENTLY remove the posts they
    have made, because most of what we ban is legitimate SPAM ---

Todd

Since everything has been deleted, hard to know what i posted , but it wasn't spam, that i know. I do know one of my last posts was a PM sent to Fman asking him about his gunnel pads and where to get them.
    I hate to think i was banned by Fman because i asked where he got something for his boat ...if that was the case then some people in here are abusing their power.......if it wasn't him then i have no idea , i post way more on the moomba site than in here and have never had an issue.
    Thank you Todd for the lift , I hope who ever did ban me will let me know why

Doug Setterington

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    Since everything has been deleted, hard to know what i posted , but it wasn't spam, that i know. I do know one of my last posts was a PM sent to Fman asking him about his gunnel pads and where to get them.
    I hate to think i was banned by Fman because i asked where he got something for his boat ...if that was the case then some people in here are abusing their power.......if it wasn't him then i have no idea , i post way more on the moomba site than in here and have never had an issue.
    Thank you Todd for the lift , I hope who ever did ban me will let me know why

Doug Setterington
    Doug,

Sent you a PM, website is www.wakejunky.com, and I am not a moderator, so I did not ban you from the site.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    Doug,

Sent you a PM, website is www.wakejunky.com, and I am not a moderator, so I did not ban you from the site.
    Fman, thanks for the post and the site......

Doug

Clermont, Fl (wakeboarding capitol of the world)

Might have been me.

I was getting even because of the enjoyment you Dentists get with that darn drill.

but seriously now...sometimes members names get tied to threads that contain spam and three or four people can be banned at once.