Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks again for letting me know the err of my ways. You may have all saved my life as well as the lives of others. I ordered and installed a Mando alt last summer.

Later,
    DKJ

Thanks again for letting me know the err of my ways. You may have all saved my life as well as the lives of others. I ordered and installed a Mando alt last summer.

Later,
    DKJ
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown

Default Electrified Marine Components

When purchasing aftermarket new or rebuild components, verify that they are SAEJ1171. This is the standard they must meet by the Coast Gaurd and NMMA.Brian Raymond

Default marine rated starters

Thanks for the information. I bought a 90 comp this past summer and it had a automotive starter on it that wasn't working properly. The previous owner told me about it and said you might want to consider a car battery to save yourself $100. No thanks. You can't put a cost on safety.
    Spyguy 90Comp

Default How do I tell?

I'm looking to pick up a good used Supra. I used to ski behind one very frequently in the early 90's.

Barrey's photos certainly get my attention. How do I tell if the boats I'm looking to buy have marine or automotive components?

From the posts in this thread, it seems I really need to pay attention to the Alternator, Starter, and Carb. Is there anything else?

Default How do I tell?

I'm looking to pick up a good used Supra. I used to ski behind one very frequently in the early 90's.

Barrey's photos certainly get my attention. How do I tell if the boats I'm looking to buy have marine or automotive components?

From the posts in this thread, it seems I really need to pay attention to the Alternator, Starter, and Carb. Is there anything else?
    Byroman

Get low, pull hard!

Default New used boat

If you are unfamiliar with the recognition of these parts, take the boat to a Supra/Moomba dealer, and have them go through everything. If a dealer is not nearby, take it to a well known and certified marina/dealer, and have them check it out, it is well worth it. Brian Raymond

Discount Inboard Marine seems to have the best prices on inboard marine parts. My local dealer wanted to charge me $320 for a raw water pump. Discount Marines price was $175. Just my .02.

Default Replying to Topic 'Tip for 90's PCM engine owners'

Well, the new system won't allow me to edit my original post, so here's a recap of the reasons not to use any non-coastguard/marine-approved parts on your engine or boat.

http://www.geocities.com/barrey_jewall/fire_supra.html

-Barrey

Default Replying to Topic 'Tip for 90's PCM engine owners'

Barrey, a very educational insight on marine electronics. There are a lot of consumers that do not understand the differences. Please share this with other fellow members on the Moomba board. Thank you. Brian Raymond