Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

What long haul? It's only taken 2+ years... Only wish we hadn't lost all those pics with the site upgrade so it might be more helpful to others undertaking such projects. At least there's a batch of new ones (you, lively, ben, grog, etc.) carrying on the rebuild torch complete with pics.

Oh so close to calling it done (although don't think projects like this are ever truly done?). Yep, watching the girls giggle & goof around on the tube all afternoon was exactly the reward I hoped for. We'll get serious on the surfing/boarding once the tower's up & I'll get back on the skiing once somebody else learns to drive (wife almost ran me over after my kneeboard session!). Probably beg off on the Chat meet-up, but gonna try & make the Moomba/Supra Jam closer to home in August.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Great job bro! Im looking forward to my day when I'm pulling the fam around
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Haven't been able to get out lately - tweaked my old back injury while on family vacation. However, I was able to finish one more project - the RGB LED interior lights are up and running.

I pre-wired harnesses for each of the speaker pods. Each harness has two surface mount, waterproof, RGB's from Oznium for under each cupholder and one 4 light, waterproof, RGB module from EcoLights mounted facing down in the original courtesy light location. I wired each harness with a 4 pin connector so that I can easily unbolt and unplug the speaker/cupholder pods if needed.

Pod LED Harness.jpg

I cut the backs out of some standard trunion bulb stern lights to replace the original courtesy lights, so I have a nice clear lens and s/s trim ring to finish it off. I also added one of the EcoLight modules and trim lens/ring to the panel below the walk-thru by the ice chest. I did not put one in the helm cupholder since I thought the glare/reflection off of the tinted window would be too distracting.

I wired all the lights to an RGB controller mounted up under the helm with a remote that controls the 13 different modes (solid colors, fades with adjustable speed/brightness, and 2 audio modes). I took two of the speaker level outputs from the head unit through a Stinger line level converter as the audio inputs to the controller.

The effect is pretty cool - I can change the color to suit the mood, or the kids love the full on disco. A neat feature of the audio modes is that the brightness is varied with the volume in addition to changing colors with the beat. The reflection in the new s/s cupholders is more subdued than the RGB rings, but looks really cool with a bottled beverage of choice installed.

All I have is this crappy cell phone video, but you get the idea... http://youtu.be/FqjKbk3D6HU

Oh yeah, just to keep my pics in a common thread - here's with the tower installed. Getting better - takes me, wife, & 1 kid 5 minutes to get the front wishbone installed (sadly everytime in/out of garage - no header clearance.
    Lake Georgetown.jpg Tower up front.jpg tower up rear.jpg

Not sure the RGB LED link worked in previous post, but think this works?? http://youtu.be/FqjKbk3D6HU
    Last edited by sybrmike; 08-10-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Your Youtube link worked in both posts.

Awesome looking LEDs Mike. It's the most impractical thing I can do to my boat, but I still want to do it. I've have my Saltare now for two years and I haven't been out at night yet. I spent a little time during my restoration to make all the courtesy lights works (just because I have having stuff not work) but I've yet to use them. Still, your LEDs are way cool. I like the tower too. I know it's been a haul, but it's all coming together.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Looks great. Love the way saltares look with a nice tower.
    89 Supra Saltare

We got to see Mike Saltare at the Texas Jam, it look incredible. Amazing restoration job.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Well crap. All the pictures from your work are gone.

As I contemplate another major project I was going back and seeing what all you went through. But alas, I really can't without the pictures.

Simply amazing boat ! i love the new interior with extra seats, the way you manage the rear bed, your RGB lighting, dash, etc.
    Very impressive boat man
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Yeah, bummer with the pics. Besides personal therapy, I was hoping to share so that others could benefit. Let me know if there's any specifics you want, or maybe I can find the time to post to Photobucket or similar account if it'd help?

Thanks SDC- that's nice to hear coming from the owner of another beautiful Salt.