Thread: new floor

Default new floor

I currently have a 92 supra sunsport. The floor is shot, and this includes the stringers too. I have removed the plywood floor and am getting ready to start removing stringers. My question is weither there is a weight issue if I remove the stringers from the drivers chair to the back of the boat ? Will the hull hold in place without loosing strength ?

Default Replying to Topic 'new floor' Lazy man approach

This topic is all over the board. So at the risk of repeating myself this is what I did;

I assumed that the fiberglass boxing and kevlar roving will hold the boat together, so I only worried about the engine mounts. I had the dreaded loose lag bolts. I drilled quarter inch holes along the stringer all around the mounts and injected a penetrating epoxy into the hole after about a month of drying them out. Then I filled the holes with a marine epoxy and filler. I also drilled out the lag bolt holes and refilled them. Did the same for the pylon mounts. I reinforced the floor, and next year I'll replace it after I see what Salty does.